FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
The post office is doing something hinky, but there's a way to counter it.
I've recently received envelopes back that I sent a month ago, with the USPS stamps and stickers stating "no such number", " illegible", "unable to forward", "return to sender", and "postage due $3.65". And that was just one envelope. Bullspit!
From now on, on your request envelope that you send to me, put my address as the mailing address AND the return address.
On the SASE, put your address as the mailing address AND the return address. This way, if they try this crap some more, when they return it to the sender, it should still come back to you.
I've messaged the members whose envelopes came back to confirm addresses, then I will re-send the seeds.
Bless their little, letter carrying hearts.
Matt liked this
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:The post office is doing something hinky, but there's a way to counter it.
I've recently received envelopes back that I sent a month ago, with the USPS stamps and stickers stating "no such number", " illegible", "unable to forward", "return to sender", and "postage due $3.65". And that was just one envelope. Bullspit!
From now on, on your SASE, put your address as the send to address AND the return address. This way, if they try this crap some more, when they return it to the sender, it should still come back to you.
I've messaged the members whose envelopes came back to confirm addresses, then I will re-send the seeds.
Bless their little, letter carrying hearts.
I see why they're constantly in a fiscal deficit lol. I really just need to purchase a rubber ink stamp. I don't know how much they cost, but it seems like a great investment lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By BullwinkleII
@ChefDean That's really clever. The dead letter department is very good at tracking people down.
By Panman
It isn't mildly illegal. It is straight up theft of services.
By hungry carnivores
Panman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm It isn't mildly illegal. It is straight up theft of services.
Oops! Once and never again. Hell, I always over-post my envelopes since the nonmachinable fee is 14 cents, but I have only 51 cent stamps. So I think that'll make up for one little experiment.

Also, if people don't know about nonmachinable stamps, you can even ship envelopes 1/4 inch thick with ''nonmachinable'' postage, add 1.00 postage, and the gemmae can ship in envelopes.
By Panman
You have to watch the 1/4 inch thickness carefully. If you go over it (or if there is someone in the post office who thinks you have) it ships as a parcel and not a letter. That postage starts at around $4.
By Cross
hungry carnivores wrote:
Panman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm It isn't mildly illegal. It is straight up theft of services.
Oops! Once and never again. Hell, I always over-post my envelopes since the nonmachinable fee is 14 cents, but I have only 51 cent stamps. So I think that'll make up for one little experiment.

Also, if people don't know about nonmachinable stamps, you can even ship envelopes 1/4 inch thick with ''nonmachinable'' postage, add 1.00 postage, and the gemmae can ship in envelopes.
So you mean just add extra stamps? How many forever stamps?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By Panman
Your best bet is to take it to the post office and have them meter it for you. That way your not guessing about it and have less of a chance of getting it returned. Especially with gemmae. Most seeds you can risk it because there isn't much of a freshness issue.

Put a paper towel over the pot or media, to avoid […]

Anyone grow Drosera riparia?

SA dews do fine in peat. I hate to give my sphag t[…]

I grew mine outdoors this summer. It took them a g[…]

d1ebde8d84c9c844e22dc12457d6c36d.jpg I think it'[…]

Does Alien bend inwards like Jaws Smiley? No, an[…]

Matt's Grow List

Updated November 13, 2020 Wishes and Wan[…]

Botany in a day is a great resource for general pl[…]

when they are happy they can have a few active flo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!