FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By bjlewis
Hi! I’m brand new to the Venus flytrap world. Bought one for my apartment due to having a bad seal on my balcony door and having some gnats from time to time. Came with all the potting material and care information and all but I have a few questions. I will do my best to find the correct posts to ask them on. Thank you!
optimus prime liked this
By MikeB
Welcome to the madness! ;) Be sure to click on the FlytrapCare.com link at the top of the page. It has excellent care instructions for the new flytrap owner.
By optimus prime
bjlewis wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:44 am Hi! I’m brand new to the Venus flytrap world. Bought one for my apartment due to having a bad seal on my balcony door and having some gnats from time to time. Came with all the potting material and care information and all but I have a few questions. I will do my best to find the correct posts to ask them on. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum I’m in Boerne Texas which is right next to San Antonio! You’ll soon find out that the there’s more than the standard fly trap. If you are looking for a good gnat catcher I would recommend a sundew. They have sticky leaves that trap and absorb the insects nutrients. If you want to know some good sundews to start off with I would recommend a sundew capensis they are very beautiful and incredibly easy to grow.happy growing!
-Jayden

Psalms 46:10
By hackerberry
Hey buddy, I don’t post that much. Just checking on spammers and reported messages. Hope everything is well. I’ve not seen some of the oldies around.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!