FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By DRubs20
I recently set up a grow closet of sorts for my carnivorous plants. I was looking to get critiques on my setup.

I’m using a single T8 LED bulb on each shelf, with aluminum insulation as the padding underneath to help reflect more light as well. I changed out the humidifier so it’s now reading at essentially 100% while it’s on. I tried to use the plastic initially when I was having issues with humidity but had little success. The top shelf currently houses a VFT and a p. Weser. I’m not sure what the nepenthes variety is, the store said spp.

Having changed the light from dim cabinet lights to this, roughly how long should i expect to wait to see any new pitcher growth? I was having issues getting the plant to put on new pitchers past the first 2, so I’m hoping the increase in light and higher humidity will lead to new pitchers.

I’m really just looking to hear about things I could do better, or if I’m doing something very wrong they could lead to death of my plants. I’m fairly new to these plants but have a few more headed to me from various nurseries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Propag8
Only time will tell how good your set up is. I personally would of used Mylar (a reflective plastic sheeting) instead of the alu sheet as it will oxidize and corrode eventually and the Mylar is designed purely to reflect lost light. Also I would of lost the top shelf and hung a more powerful light such as a cfl which gives minimal heat. If it works for you great you can always add and improve over time. Keep us posted. :D
1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!