FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optimus prime
Hi! I’m back with another question(s). I recently found a bunch of dead flies under some cleaning rags don’t know how they died but my first thought was “oh yeah I’m about to feed these to my carnivorous plant”. Anyway I decided to feed my sundew filfimoris which btw is sprouting a bunch of new growth. When I put the fliy on there(it was still living but barley) it struggle for 6 minutes and then fell off.this happened 3 time before it finally stuck so this leads me to my 1st question why did the fly not stick the first time? My theory is that the leaves are not mature yet so a big insect like that could easily fall off. My 2nd question is how long will it take it to mature(assuming it’s not all ready mature). My 3rd question is once the drops of glue leave the leaf does it reproduce or so how long will that take.my 4th question is about the leaves if you notice in the picture the leaves are serpentine. Why is that ? They get around 4-5 1/2 hours of sun a day. Anyway sorry for making you read so much that’s it
By Sundeewz
1) Too big of a fly? That’s my guess. Or you stuck it on with too little surface area.
2) I will need a picture given determine that.
3) It will regenerate glue rapidly, a dry gland can completely regenerate in under two hours.
4) You forgot a picture.
By sanguinearocks101
My guess for 1 is that the area didn’t have enough dew on it to hold the fly. It might take it max a year to matureenough to produce flowers. D. tracyi can get very large so I don’t know when it’ll be at its’ max size. By serpentine do you mean they way that the leaves unfurl?
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!