FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Berrybob
Right now I have 50+ capensis seedlings. When they grow bigger I plan to sell the majority of them on Ebay. I also plan selling some d. Burmanii "Humty Doo" too. What do you think would be a fair price to sell these plants at?
By ChefDean
A simple question with a not so simple answer due to many factors.
Capes are pretty popular, but they're also pretty common. I've seen mature plants, mostly typical, sold for as low as $2 for one, and $1 if multiple plants were purchased. I've even seen them given away as a bonus with any other purchase. They produce so much seed that supply consistently keeps up with demand. Competition is high simply due to how prolific they are. Unless you have a less common variety, I would suggest you do like I did and spread the love in your community. I have given away a couple hundred Capes to my neighbors and dozens to school teachers.
The Humpty Doo are a little different. They are a popular variety of Burmannii, but are still kind of common. I've seen mature plants as low as $4, often with a free Cape thrown in. They are also very good at producing seed, but usually only last one season. You can keep them around a couple of years with good care, but most people treat them like an annual.
For those, I would try offering two almost mature or three juvenile plants for $5 + shipping. And maybe throw in a surprise Cape if they order multiple Humpty Doo plants. But that would just be my suggestion as I don't have experience selling any. I usually just trade away or give away most of my excess seeds and plants.
Good luck.
Berrybob liked this
By hungry carnivores
I had a huge Burmanii problem. I sold them in lots of three, for 10 USD, and the buyer paid shipping. I always tossed cuttings of a south american sundew or Petiolaris ones.

Capes I cannot get rid of. I donated a bunch to a local museum, as did a friend of mine.
Berrybob, uxleumas liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!