FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
I would like to try growing a Heliamphora along with my indoor Cephalotus plants. Do you think a minor would survive under the following conditions...If not what would you recommend? I’m looking for a compact grower. Thanks in advance for your help as I’m not experienced with Heliamphora.

Day: Max temp 73F / Humidity 60%
Evening: Low 63F / Humidity 72%

It’s an open air environment with LED lighting, and fans for circulation.

By Huntsmanshorn
Yes, you should be fine but it might take a little while to adjust to the humidity. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal though.
By jkochuni
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Yes, you should be fine but it might take a little while to adjust to the humidity. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal though.
Thanks?
By hungry carnivores
Put the Heli in a bag in the tank. Slowly stick a needle through, making 10-20 holes per day, and then slowly open the bag up. Then, it should work. I'd go hit up @nepenthes0260 since he's selling a Heliamphora MVP x Venamo. I kept it in low light, room humidity, and it limped along quite pleasingly. Then, I built a setup and it's doing a ton better.
Nepenthes0260, Dionae liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Yes, like Hungry Carnivores said, bag the plant and slowly open the bag to let it acclimate. That's what I do for all my new helis.
Dionae liked this
By Matt
H. minor is amazingly easy to grow. They seem to not care much about humidity levels or heat either, at least the H. minor plants that I've grown out of the FlytrapStore tissue culture propagation and a couple I picked up years ago on eBay.
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By DesertLlama
Is the bagging process the same for Helis as it is for other plants (~2 weeks while slowly opening the bag over time)? Can they also do well with temperatures staying constantly in the mid 70s F?
By hungry carnivores
Yes. I keep very finicky ones (like parva and Uncinata, and I find that they don't even mind the 80's for the daytime). I keep them in very high humidity constantly, the pitchers last longer.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!