FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Magic Mutt
Ok so a week ago I noticed my typ had something in its trap. Looked just like a solid mass in there for a cpl days...i noticed some kinda slime coming out the trap at first. Then a cpl days later this...

ImageImage

I originally thought a worm but I dont know how it would have gotten up the side of the cup, or the cooler for that matter..

Also my other typical has a monstrous appetite... i originally felt bad for giving it just a tiny moth but over the next cpl days it ate 5 flies on its own! But im wondering if its too much, but like....its nature so its ok right?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Matt liked this
By MikeB
My flytraps occasionally eat small snails who get too nosy for their own good.
By sanguinearocks101
My vft can’t even catch a fly :cry: It has traps closed a lot but no bugs in the traps. I don’t think the neighborhood kids are sneaking in my backyard and closing the traps, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, they opened up a neighbors chicken coop once and one of the chickens got eaten by a fox .
Propag8 liked this
By Magic Mutt
No problem, I love sharing and seeing the crazy stuff others post too. I cant wait to build up my collection more.

BTW....this a flower?

By MikeB
Yes, you have a flower stalk on the way.
By Joshuamarshall792
Magic Mutt wrote:No problem, I love sharing and seeing the crazy stuff others post too. I cant wait to build up my collection more.

BTW....this a flower?

Lololololololololololololol it looks like my old king henry vft the new growth piggy tails!

dragons are red, scams are blue! but green is true!

By Propag8
Sanguinearocks101 you probably just got some sneaky insects. I sat and watched a huge bluebottle fly on my plants the other day just chilling having a poke around in the traps with his mouth sucker whilst sitting on the outside of the traps. He closed 7 traps on different plants mainly small traps that were half his size with his feet whilst walking. I was eagerly awaiting his demise when he decided to fly off. I swear he gave me the finger on the way out.
By Joshuamarshall792
Propag8 wrote:Sanguinearocks101 you probably just got some sneaky insects. I sat and watched a huge bluebottle fly on my plants the other day just chilling having a poke around in the traps with his mouth sucker whilst sitting on the outside of the traps. He closed 7 traps on different plants mainly small traps that were half his size with his feet whilst walking. I was eagerly awaiting his demise when he decided to fly off. I swear he gave me the finger on the way out.
Lol that's hilarious

dragons are red, scams are blue, but green is true!

Propag8 liked this
Help Save My Adelae (Urgent)

Possibly temperature extremes. Couldn't be sure […]

Indica complex!

Very nice. The serpens seeds I got from you germi[…]

Maxsea extreme dilution

I've been reading up on that as well. I hear it ca[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0171. I'll PM[…]

Heliamphora sarracenioides

A few pics of this unique species from clones in m[…]

Hydroponic setup help.

Hello, I’m looking to automate my CP setup a[…]

Not sure about any details on that specific plant,[…]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200919/ea086d0[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!