FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By madder_sk
Hello,

I have a sundew and a venus flytrap. I currently live in Lima, Peru and most of the information I can get online about the care for these plants comes from places with completely different weather conditions. Lima, has no rain (I water the plants with car battery water, as the seller recommended) and even though autumn has already started, there has barely been a drop in temperature (maybe a couple of degrees) and Peru has no changes in the amount of daylight it gets in winter-summer, so they have been getting about the same amount of direct sunlight. Before today, they were both doing great, the have grown quite a lot and the sundew started flowering last week, with two stalks of small pink flowers. Today I woke up to the drosera looking a bit mushy. The outer leaves are looking brown and unhealthy. I don't know if this is normal.
Thanks for any help you can give me, the country is right now in complete lockdown and I have nowhere to ask!
Attachments:
IMG_4619.jpg
IMG_4619.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 1451 times
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4618.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 1451 times
By Copper2
No, it’s the media. You need better peat. If your drinking water is reverse osmosis, distilled, or has a ppm of less than 100 than you’ll be good
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!