FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello! So as the title says, I'm wondering how nepenthes, specifically lowlands, do when grow outdoors here. I'd like to hear your experiences with growing them here and your recommendations on what species I should try growing, as I'm starting to expand my nep collection.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By sanguinearocks101
Lowland nepenthes would do good outside in Florida. Nepenthes ampullaria is an easy to grow Nepenthes that grows well in almost all conditions. I'd try to avoid giving it temperatures in the high 90's and mid 70's. This is just an estimate of the temperature range you should keep them in not an exact measurement. This is a useful link https://www.carnivorousplants.co.uk/res ... ive-guide/
By That one plant boi
sanguinearocks101 wrote:Lowland nepenthes would do good outside in Florida. Nepenthes ampullaria is an easy to grow Nepenthes that grows well in almost all conditions. I'd try to avoid giving it temperatures in the high 90's and mid 70's. This is just an estimate of the temperature range you should keep them in not an exact measurement. This is a useful link https://www.carnivorousplants.co.uk/res ... ive-guide/
Ok cool. Thanks for the link!

By Nepenthes0260
Yes, Neps, especially intermediates and LLs, would do great outside in FL. I would highly recommend N. truncata for your climate if you don't already have one. My truncatas loves it when the temps get high.
By That one plant boi
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Yes, Neps, especially intermediates and LLs, would do great outside in FL. I would highly recommend N. truncata for your climate if you don't already have one. My truncatas loves it when the temps get high.
Awesome! Yep, already have a truncata and it is my favorite nep so far lol.

By That one plant boi
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Yes, Neps, especially intermediates and LLs, would do great outside in FL. I would highly recommend N. truncata for your climate if you don't already have one. My truncatas loves it when the temps get high.
How high do your temps get?

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!