FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By nolitasplants
Hey all, first time posting here. I have a pitcher plant (I'm not sure the exact kind) that seems very happy and is shooting out new leaves often! The only problem is it's not putting out any pitchers either...

I have my grow lights shining on it at least 11-12 hours a day (my other plants love the lights), I keep it very decently humid in the room that it's in (again, all my other plants are happy), and I make sure to only use rainwater to water and I keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. Still no pitchers!

What should I do to help this otherwise happy plant put out some pitchers? Possibly repot in larger pot?? It has one that's been there for quite some time but it is very very small, and the mouth never opened, and a second I think may be growing?? I will attach photos! TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sanguinearocks101
I'd say the plant needs a repot soon. That pot looks way too small. It looks like it needs some more light. Are the grow lights the only light it is recieving? If so the grow lights should be on for 12-14 hours. Do you have a measure of the humidity? Nepenthes like at least 75%RH(relative humidity)
By nolitasplants
sanguinearocks101 wrote:I'd say the plant needs a repot soon. That pot looks way too small. It looks like it needs some more light. Are the grow lights the only light it is recieving? If so the grow lights should be on for 12-14 hours. Do you have a measure of the humidity? Nepenthes like at least 75%RH(relative humidity)
Thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't sure if it was okay to repot these things, so thanks! Will do. And actually it's receiving light from them on from 9am to at least 8pm, so 11 hours? I'll try and edit the original post, idk what I was thinking when I said 5 lol..

I do not have a measure of the humidity but it has to be at the very least 50% in here. I'll have to get something to measure. I can always move it closer to the humidifier?

Thanks again for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Nepenthes0260
Looks like it needs more light and a repot. I would repot it in a mix of sphagnum moss and perlite. Good luck!
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!