FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By TattooedBullfrog
Howdy all. I'm a member on another forum that grows hot peppers. While waiting for warmer weather to move the pepper plants outside figured I'd try growing traps. I got the seeds, hoffman peat moss, and perlite, distilled water, and pots. Let the growing begin!!
By sanguinearocks101
Growing flytraps from seed takes a long time and they take about 5 years to reach maturity. I would suggest buying a fully grown one. Also, a lot of Chinese sellers scam you by giving you seeds for other plants, not venus flytraps. Growing hot peppers sounds like an interesting hobby, do you eat really hot peppers like carolina reapers and ghost peppers? I like hot stuff but not that hot :)
By TattooedBullfrog
Growing hot peppers is a patient game also, some take as little as 7 days, some a month or more. So patience is key. Personal germination rate is 98% with hot peppers. Yes I grow reapers, scorpion, ghost as well as many hybrid peppers. The flytrap seeds were purchased from a reliable source from Maryland. Sowed the trap seeds today and will wait for germination.
By cwm1
Welcome to the board and the fun. Peppers and traps.....interesting combo. Maybe you can cross the two. Those varieties sound pretty hot .Just kidding, welcome and good growing to you.

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Not what you would expect...

Is it behind the seedling cup of drosera capensis […]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!