FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Hello everyone,

Today sometime I plan to disable the forums and move FlytrapCare.com and FlytrapStore.com to a new server and upgrade all of the underlying software that powers the website. There will be some significant changes and some minimal loss of data in the process.

Primarily, user avatars on the forum will likely not make the transition.

I will post here when the move starts and also lock the forum for new posts until the move is complete.

Wish us luck!!
By Matt
OK, the server move is mostly complete now. Wow! What a long and stressful day!!

PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU NOTICE WITH THE SITE ON THIS THREAD.

There is still quite a lot to do and fix related to the FlytrapStore and the FlytrapCare Forums.

The "Thanks" modification that enabled users to give "thanks" to posts is now obsolete. I'm looking for ways to get it back. The "Feedback" modification is now obsolete as well. I'm not sure I'll replace that one but if there is a desire to have it again, I will look for something to replace it.

I will be adding many new features to the forums in the days to come. The Store will be changed a lot as well over the next days and weeks.

Thank you all for your patience today and for supporting our community. I look forward to hearing your all's feedback on the new site and server and shaping it to better suit everyone's needs.
By Artchic528
Wondered what happened. Didn't see the notification and was all confused. Figured it was an update though. Everything seems in working order. Good job!
By evenwind
I can see that there was a lot of work that went into this, so congratulations!

As far as feedback, from the point of view of old eyes:

1. The moving flytraps on the top banner are flickering and very distracting. Is there a way to freeze them?
2. Can the font size be changed individually? It's uncomfortably small for me.
3. Can the colors be changed? There's just not enough contrast in "darkish grey on medium grey on off white" for me to see easily.

Thanks
By Matt
I agree with all three points you make. The moving flytraps are distracting. I will freeze them. I did freeze them initially, but I figured I'd see what others thought before doing it.

I also find the font size to be absurdly small. I will modify that as well.

And yes, the contrast of the darkish grey font on white background isn't very good. All in all, I find the board much harder to read, but all of this can easily be changed :)

Thanks for the great feedback!!
By evenwind
You're very welcome. Happy to help.
By Shadowtski
A direct link to the FTC Community Seed Bank would be nice but is certainly not a necessity.

Also, there used to be a link where you could pm with quote to a member, regarding their post. I used to use that for seed bank PMs.

Thank you for all the work you put into the upgrade!
Mike
By jpappy789
Agree with most of the aesthetic suggestions on the font size and contrast. Also, not a huge deal, but it seems like most everyone's profiles were reset too. Is there a way for locations to show in posts rather than having to check the profile separately? I think it's useful to know where people are at when they ask for growing info.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!