FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
Nice plant, man I love VFTs. Can't wait to get sme more to add to my collection
By kronos1996
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Aren't there also "fake draculas" circulating around?
Wouldn't surprise me. There are always a few jerks around to scalp honest enthusiastic collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Mufasa
Matt wrote:
Chipi3s wrote:Have the real draculas been shipped out or am I two years to late lol.
No, none have been shipped out. I just finally got it in TC this spring, so we'll have some by 2016.
just curious, using TC< it takes one year or less to produce reasonable (adult?) sized plants?

edit: oh, you said by 2016, not sometime in 2016.., so it takes 6-9 months to produce the plants?
By Matt
Mufasa wrote:just curious, using TC< it takes one year or less to produce reasonable (adult?) sized plants?

edit: oh, you said by 2016, not sometime in 2016.., so it takes 6-9 months to produce the plants?
I'd say from the time a piece of tissue is put in a jar until we have the first plants ready for sale is normally between 15 and 20 months. And it's normally more like twice that long before we have a lot to offer.
Matt liked this
By kronos1996
Matt wrote:
Mufasa wrote:just curious, using TC< it takes one year or less to produce reasonable (adult?) sized plants?

I'd say from the time a piece of tissue is put in a jar until we have the first plants ready for sale is normally between 15 and 20 months. And it's normally more like twice that long before we have a lot to offer.
So is that why some more popular although not particularly rare plants are always out of stock? I'm guessing it's hard for two people to manage extensive TC set-ups as well to keep up with the demand. No surprise though, y'all are so incredibly good at what y'all do!

Are y'all still low on Polish Dracula? I noticed it was in stock and I do like it but I'm having a thought time justifying the expensive ATM without a really good reason... LOL

By Mufasa
Matt wrote:

cool cool, i guess the majority of that would be in pots though right? like maybe 2-3 months in TC, then transplanted into pots?

would be cool to see you make some YT videos on the whole process
By Matt
kronos1996 wrote:So is that why some more popular although not particularly rare plants are always out of stock?
Yep.
kronos1996 wrote:I'm guessing it's hard for two people to manage extensive TC set-ups as well to keep up with the demand. No surprise though, y'all are so incredibly good at what y'all do!
Yes, it is challenging. And trying to propagate enough of each variety with a limited amount of time and space is also challenging.

Thanks for the compliment! :)
By mdeford09
Yeah I have been over here trying to TC $100 bills but no luck so far. As soon as I accomplish it, I will share my technique.... lol!
mdeford09 liked this
By kronos1996
Matt wrote:
kronos1996 wrote:So is that why some more popular although not particularly rare plants are always out of stock?
Yep.
kronos1996 wrote:I'm guessing it's hard for two people to manage extensive TC set-ups as well to keep up with the demand. No surprise though, y'all are so incredibly good at what y'all do!
Yes, it is challenging. And trying to propagate enough of each variety with a limited amount of time and space is also challenging.

Thanks for the compliment! :)
I'm guessing after y'all's last attempt to expand the business ended the way it did it probably won't be happening again anytime soon? A real shame, nobody can match your selection of cultivars.

If I had any ability to TC i'd offer to help just for fun!

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!