FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By dark5tar
So, about 3 weeks ago i had one trap, and possibly some more growth:

Obviously I am doing something right because LOOK!

Pretty awesome, considering that I bought it as a DIY deathcube from Lowe's! The pitcher plant, still hasn't done much though.
By dark5tar
One thing Im curious about though, is that alot of pictures of plants I see around here, the plants seem more flush with the soil, I keep thinking mine are pushed down a bit far, I mean its not a big deal obviously since my plants are growing like weeds, I was just curious if I should adjust my plants a little and if its safe to do?
By Steve_D
dark5tar wrote: alot of pictures of plants I see around here, the plants seem more flush with the soil, I keep thinking mine are pushed down a bit far
No, your plants are fine. :) Venus Flytraps will adjust to being slightly too high or too low by growing new leaves from the rhizome starting a little lower or a little higher in the soil as each new leaf grows starting underground at the bottom of the rhizome. (usually successive leaves each grow a little lower, since they have a natural tendency to bury themselves a little deeper as they grow larger; this gives them a greater hardiness in case of lack of water, winter frosts above ground, and the natural wildfires that sometimes occur in their native habitat).

Your plants are well within the range of higher or lower that they can be planted and adapt to, and they look perfectly planted and happy to me. The soil looks like a mix that could be a little too soggy too often if you were not to compensate with mindful or careful watering, but judging from the photos you seem to be doing a great job at determining how often (or not often) to water the Flytrap(s). :D
By victor
Very nice and great job!!!
By jht-union
Wow, congratulations, and really well done, the VFT sure is liking the climate and the care of you! :)

Keep up the good work, and hope to see some more pics of this baby! :)
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!