FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By MisterE24
I just recently found out about voodoo lilies, they immediately got my interest. Finding them wasnt that hard, I went ahead and won a few bulbs off ebay. One was a large one that should flower next spring as well as 4 smaller ones. One of the small ones already has another spike coming out of the ground which is really cool. They seem to be easy to care for, and grow very fast. I think it was only a couple of days before I saw spikes breaking out of the ground. And on to the titan arum, which is supposed to produce the largest flower in the world. Again, I found a 2 and a half pound tuber on ebay that I got lucky and won. Shipping was a little high but the tuber already had roots as well as a small spike growing. When I planted the tuber I put it in the largest pot I could find so that it could have adequate room about 4 to 5 inches below the surface. Most forums that I have read say that it is a little harder to grow, as far as humidity requirements. But so far its been growing well, the spike has already broken through the surface and is currently about 6 to 7 inches tall. I spray a light mist of water about twice a day to help with the humidity, once in the morning and once in the evening when its higher.
Attachments:
Titan arum spike
Titan arum spike
Image 5.jpg (292.5 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
Titan arum
Titan arum
Image 4.jpg (470.49 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
another spike coming from one of the smaller voodoo lilies
another spike coming from one of the smaller voodoo lilies
Image 3.jpg (224.06 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
Image 2.jpg
Image 2.jpg (233.7 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
The larger voodoo lily bulb I got, its gotten pretty big. Should flower next year if all goes well
The larger voodoo lily bulb I got, its gotten pretty big. Should flower next year if all goes well
Image 1.jpg (231.08 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
2 more voodoo lilies
2 more voodoo lilies
Image.jpg (264.87 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
By PlantMan
Wow, great catch!
What species are those, and is the largest one the titan?
By parker679
Sweet!

I got 4-5 Voodoo Lily bulbs several months ago that grew to be about the size of your two smaller ones. Mine took weeks to grow, I had already given up hope when I saw the first spike break the surface.

Unfortunately mine have already gone dormant for the season. I can't wait until they're big enough to flower.

Good luck on your titan by the way. Keep us updated with pictures.
Last edited by parker679 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parker679 liked this
By Kevonicus
These plants are awesome! Check out my Konjac

Heres my Amorphophallus titanum. Something like 7-10 years till it flowers. Good thing the vegetative growth is cool too :mrgreen:
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!