FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Salute flytraps234
Hi guys I would like some tips on to make this project I got the compact fluorescent lights, and going to buy the zoo med thermostat/hydrostatic , so any thing else I need like for cooling,night time drops and to make the inside humid. Any advice would be appreciated

Sincerely Salute flytraps234
By Frothy_Milk
bijillon wrote:I have a humidifier in mine with a thermometer and humidity gauge, I have the same set up, 4 tier greenhouse/grow tent and fluorescent lights .

Happy Growing,

Dillon
What humidifier do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Frothy_Milk wrote:
bijillon wrote:I have a humidifier in mine with a thermometer and humidity gauge, I have the same set up, 4 tier greenhouse/grow tent and fluorescent lights .

Happy Growing,

Dillon

Just grab one on amazon. Mine was super cheap, like $38 but I got it. And I use the inkbird humidity controller (it's the best one, the rest are junk).

By Frothy_Milk
tannerm wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:

Happy Growing,

Dillon

Just grab one on amazon. Mine was super cheap, like $38 but I got it. And I use the inkbird humidity controller (it's the best one, the rest are junk).

Does the humidifier generate a lot of heat like a Vicks humidifier if you are sick? Or does it just create the mist and make the environment a little bit warmer?

By tannerm
Frothy_Milk wrote:
tannerm wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote: What humidifier do you use?

Does the humidifier generate a lot of heat like a Vicks humidifier if you are sick? Or does it just create the mist and make the environment a little bit warmer?

0 heat

By Wikiwakawakawee
Frothy_Milk wrote:
tannerm wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote: What humidifier do you use?

Yeah you wouldn't use the same type, theres an "ultrasonic" humidifier that doesn't put out warm vapor, it's a cool mist instead.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:
tannerm wrote: Just grab one on amazon. Mine was super cheap, like $38 but I got it. And I use the inkbird humidity controller (it's the best one, the rest are junk).

Yeah you wouldn't use the same type, theres an "ultrasonic" humidifier that doesn't put out warm vapor, it's a cool mist instead.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Yep, that's what mine is. Reptile Humidifier / Reptile Fogger - 2 Liter Tank - Ideal for a Variety of Reptiles / Amphibians / Herps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CO9582Y/ (I got it on sale)

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!