FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By tish
Anymal911 wrote:AMAZING VIDEO! How did you record it? And are your plants under a 24/0 photoperiod?
Thanks! I simply let the camera take photos continously on an interval duration and later save the sequence as a video at 12 pics per seconds. The standard is 24 pics per second. 24fps

Sent from my SM-N9005
By Anymal911
Wow did you use a secial camera? I do not think mine can do this... And how did it take the pictures at night? Sorry for so many questions lol.
By tish
Anymal911 wrote:Wow did you use a secial camera? I do not think mine can do this... And how did it take the pictures at night? Sorry for so many questions lol.
Hi,

I use a DSLR, basically use a intervelo meter or new dslr has a Time lapse/intervelo function. Set the time apart and how many photo you want to take. Then collect all the photos and make into a video. This is roughly it is done. You can google for very detail write up.

cheers :)
tish liked this
By Ishaha
tish wrote:Ever since I gotten nepenthes a few months back and seen pitcher forming. I am very curious how they grow. I've decided to make a time lapse video project on one of the N. Rafflesiana. After a week or more. I've capture the footage of 1 and been working on the video. Well it's done now.

here's the video...
Best viewed in 720 or 1080 hd and full screen. (option at setting icon bottom right of video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXswdU-Anh0[/youtube]
Amazing, I need moreXD
Ishaha liked this
By tish
Ishaha wrote:
tish wrote:Ever since I gotten nepenthes a few months back and seen pitcher forming. I am very curious how they grow. I've decided to make a time lapse video project on one of the N. Rafflesiana. After a week or more. I've capture the footage of 1 and been working on the video. Well it's done now.

here's the video...
Best viewed in 720 or 1080 hd and full screen. (option at setting icon bottom right of video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXswdU-Anh0
Amazing, I need moreXD
Thank you. This video is definitely not my last :D
By Ishaha
tish wrote:
Ishaha wrote:

here's the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXswdU-Anh0
Amazing, I need moreXD
Thank you. This video is definitely not my last :D
Cool, I was always interested in time lapse, just never had the patience to do it! I guess I'll try some nosImage
By tish
Ishaha wrote:Cool, I was always interested in time lapse, just never had the patience to do it! I guess I'll try some nosImage
you should! Once you start, you'll definitely love it. just keep the camera still and time your video properly.

* 24pic per second (24 fps)
* duration apart for each photo (frame) taken
* batch photo processing
* quality and music
By Ishaha
tish wrote:
Ishaha wrote:Cool, I was always interested in time lapse, just never had the patience to do it! I guess I'll try some nosImage
you should! Once you start, you'll definitely love it. just keep the camera still and time your video properly.

* batch photo processing
* quality and music
Didn't you have to charge your cam?
By tish
Ishaha wrote:
tish wrote:

* batch photo processing
* quality and music
DSLR with memory card and a power supply plug into the wall socket, I bought a power supply adapter. Nothing needs to be replaces except the data are transferred with means of a usb cable attached to the camera. The camera must not move a micrometer or the video is not good :)
By Ishaha
tish wrote:
Ishaha wrote:
tish wrote: you should! Once you start, you'll definitely love it. just keep the camera still and time your video properly.

* batch photo processing
* quality and music
DSLR with memory card and a power supply plug into the wall socket, I bought a power supply adapter. Nothing needs to be replaces except the data are transferred with means of a usb cable attached to the camera. The camera must not move a micrometer or the video is not good :)
I don't think I can do that with mine.... Mine just has a power cord for the battery itself
By tish
I don't think I can do that with mine.... Mine just has a power cord for the battery itself
you could change battery or
You can google how to mod a power supply with your charger to your battery while your battery is in the camera. At your own risk.
killerplants4realz wrote:Love your Drosera adelae Tish!! Very nice colors. Hope all your plants are doing good!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Thanks Chris! The sundew seeds you sent has germinate!!

Sent from my SM-N9005
By tish
I've noticed some nice pitchers developing in good colors. These plants are new in my care and they really brighten me up. Glad I've been poisoned into Neps ha!

Nepenthes Viking (Tish NP 13) From Siaw YZ has color very nicely. Here's the development.
28 Aug 15

06 Sept 2015

Nepenthes Lady Luck : Nice color on this young pitcher

Nepenthes Rebecca Soper : Biggest pitcher on the right so far

The leaves remain bronze greenish or bronze maroon.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!