FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By David F
Tish those pings are absolutely beautiful, it makes me want to grab a ping and see how it does.
By tish
Some update taken from another thread:
tish wrote:Hi all, Just thought I share what I've been doing lately on the grow rack since the I did share somewhere in this thread on how I set it up from the start. I'll skip the details, just some pics :)

Stuff from Cheapo china website.

Work in progress

I should get myself a better solder kit, this is just 35watt.

It was easy setup since I've done it before and had many advises from Mufasta, Dionae, Maiden, Sander.

Took me less than a day and cost me my back, shoulders, strains eyes, burnt fingers, etc...

1 tier down, 1 more tier to go when I get my pay to do more orders :D
tish liked this
By RobinHeinen1986
Hi all, I was following this post for a while and decided that I had to subscribe to this forum, so I could join some of the discussions... I have recently ordered a bunch of LEDs for my CPs too! (6500k whites, blues and reds), I also ordered a few 18x 3W LED drivers with them. Can I hook up a 600mA driver to 700mA LEDs (it seems that these are pretty much the standard options you find on ebay). I hope these Chinese goodies will arrive soon :).

Oh, and of course, the topic starter's plants look great! That's why I wanted a similar system in the first place.

Robin
RobinHeinen1986 liked this
By tish
RobinHeinen1986 wrote:Yes, I believe it was 14-18 x 3W... I will make sure I stick to that :). Thanks! When the stuff arrives and my setup is done, I will post some pictures on these boards :).

Robin
Thats good, the most important part is using a heat sink and get the "Live" "Netural" right on the driver... make sure it is 120v or 240v according to country power rating too mine is 240, usa is 120
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!