FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By tish
Geez, I should not be wasting time and should just follow what others has written down

The driver came and all 12led work for a minute before they dimmed, Eric advise me to remove 1 led and it worked again and they went dim again, and 1 led got burnt, I remove that and 10 led work. And they went dim again.

My conclusion is the wooden piece should not be use to for LED. I think heat dissipation has an issue here. I will try to rectify by replacing the wooden piece with aluminium. IDK... Perhaps 900mA is too high and bright?

I would appreciate any advise/feedback

Just before they went dim 1st time.

Went dim and wont light back up until i remove 1 led
tish liked this
By tish
Dionae wrote:Can you post some pics of how you have the leds soldered together please?

yes. they are soldered in series. the driver output + goes to the first led -. The last Led + goes to back to driver at -

i am otw to work. so i can only get more pica whwn I get hmm

Sent from my SM-N9005
By tish
Dionae wrote:You should have the output + to the last led + and the output - to the last led -;). You have the leds wired to the driver backwards.
yeah. correct. as the driver shows. the driver - goes to my led diode -. I complicate things when i said driver output + goes to led -. My bad. i was reading from the pcb board.

Either way, it wont light up if i reverse. So I wired correctly since they light up.

Sent from my SM-N9005
tish liked this
By tish
The stuff arrived really quickly after china resume sales after a week of lunar new year celebration.

The heat sink is really solid, exact to be the size of my tank cover. I've decided to go ahead with new batch of LEDs since the previous ones were abused.

Thermal silicon/compound for better heat transfer. I learn a experience here with heat dissipating situations, that you will have a very very hard time soldering the wires to the leds, since they dissipate heat so quickly. Perhaps it was better to solder the wires before securing the leds to the heat sink.

All in place, 4x3 6000k and 3000k range. Additional epoxy application to secure the leds.

Working as I anticipated the last time it failed was due to very poor heat dissipation. I left it alone for an hour and it's still working, but the heat build up really hot like my T5s. So I would need to add fans and test another day.
tish liked this
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!