FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
He decided he was going to get what he needed and this stem growth is the result. If I make a terrarium, everything grows out of it in 6 months and I have to take them out. Does not matter. I am just having fun.ImageImage

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
FlyTrap Hunter liked this
By FlyTrap Hunter
uusa2000 wrote:That's a nice terrarium, do you have a picture of the whole thing, how did you make it?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
I reuse anything I think is worthwhile. It's a plastic pickel relish jar. The plants outgrew it in 6 months but it was fun to have on a table for winter.
I like that it's plastic. but you can probably find glass ones. It's lightweight and cheap. I have not fixed up another one yet but was thinking I would put bcp01 or Red Dragon in there because they grow smaller. I didn't keep the lid on it very much. You can use Driftwood or fish tank art in there too.
You can ask a local store that sells alot of hot dogs and uses relish if they would save you a few and they probably will. Thanks for askingImageImageImage

By FlyTrap Hunter
uusa2000 wrote:Nice, sand on bottom with peat on top layer? Is there holes in the bottom? how often do you have the top on?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
It's a peat, sand and perlite mix and I added a top layer of sand as decoration. And 5 inches of sand at the bottom. No holes in the bottom.
What I tried to do was simulate a bog, with water down below the Fly Traps and Sundews about 4 to 6 inches. It is pretty humid in there without the lid. I don't have the lid on much because it fogs up and you can't see into it. The lid off has not been a issue but I have put it on a few times when it rained hard and I had it outside. I would caution you that if it is hot outside, they will bake inside with the lid on. But lid off I have not had a problem. I figure they need to breathe. I am sure you can use your discretion about when to have the lid on.
I would get all the soil wet but let it evaporate out until there is just a inch of water in the bottom. And I have to add water from time to time but not much. I think I am going to use it next for germinating seeds. Post a picture if you make one.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!