the Good 2O, the Bad 2O, and the H2O

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers
Synbadd

the Good 2O, the Bad 2O, and the H2O

by Synbadd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi all, i've just joind having bought a Fly trap and not wanting to kill it as i did so many as a child.
I have read that tap water, bottled water etc is a no go due to it's chemicals, minerals chlorine etc.

so far everyone suggests distilled water and deionosed water. my local supermarket here in france only sells demineralized water at about 1€ for 5l, will that be ok? i think it is but i thougt i should check with the experts.

And for the good of anyone else sharing my De-blah, De-Blah, Re-Blah water, "how many types of water can there be" sort of dilemma, can those in the know post as many "safe" names of water in this topic?

Thanks all

Matt
Site Admin

Re: the Good 2O, the Bad 2O, and the H2O

by Matt » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Synbadd wrote:so far everyone suggests distilled water and deionosed water. my local supermarket here in france only sells demineralized water at about 1€ for 5l, will that be ok? i think it is but i thougt i should check with the experts.

Yep, that should be fine.
Synbadd wrote:can those in the know post as many "safe" names of water in this topic?

Deionized, deinonised, demineralized, reverse osmosis, rain, melted snow...that's all I can think of for now :)
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

The following users would like to thank Matt for this post
Synbadd

dantt99

Re: the Good 2O, the Bad 2O, and the H2O

by dantt99 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 pm

What Matt said :lol:

Return to Water Quality, Growing Media and Planting Containers