FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By John S
Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks to Matt and Steve (Steve in particular because the plants came from him) for the mature jaws, young b52, and mature seed grown that I received today. The seed grown is gigantic and has about 15-20 traps on it. It looks like a vigorous...on a copious amount of fly trap steroids haha. They're all potted up and I plan to put some pictures up in the next few days once they settle in. Thanks!
John S liked this
By Steve_D
Thanks for the good words, John. :) Glad the Flytraps made it safely to their new home. I'm sure they'll do well under your care in the more humid (than here in New Mexico) Illinois climate, although I have to admit that they grow well here despite the almost desertlike conditions. Anyway, looking forward to photos and updates as the growing season progresses. :D
By John S
I know they're not used to their new home yet and I was going to wait a bit before I took pictures...but I couldn't resist :). Hey Steve, what kind of a cross do you think produced this beastly seed grown? I'm thinkin there just has to be some 'vigorous' in it. (the unique seed grown is the second picture)
Attachments:
B52
B52
B52.jpg (119.88 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
Unique seed grown (mature)
Unique seed grown (mature)
seed grown.jpg (122.18 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
Jaws trap
Jaws trap
Jaws trap.jpg (53.74 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
All three! (bottom left is the seed grown, top is the b52, and the one on the right is the jaws
All three! (bottom left is the seed grown, top is the b52, and the one on the right is the jaws
New plants.jpg (86.09 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
Last edited by John S on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Steve_D
Yeah, that seed-grown plant had a big rhizome and lots of leaves. Now with all that space around it (it was crowded in the greenhouse) its leaves will grow sturdier and the traps will grow larger. It looks very well planted--they all look good. :)
By John S
I know! I never would have thought that the unique seed grown would be my favorite plant of the bunch, but now it's my favorite plant of my whole collection! And Matt check out this pic I took of the seed grown. It's like you're looking through the canopy of a fly trap jungle...sorta haha
Attachments:
VFT jungle!.jpg
VFT jungle!.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 3463 times
John S liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!