FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Wikiwakawakawee
So ive been thinking lately about buying a rack or a mini greenhouse to put in this space I have in my room.... but now, I've got an even better idea ;) I was thinking about using the entire space to make a giant vivarium, sort of like this[youtube]http://youtu.be/HhXXw2VcMDc[/youtube]
but of course it would take up that entire wall right there. I'd make a "great stuff" background, and cover it with coco peat to make it look natural, and carve out holes to put pots on the background so I could put different types of pitcher plants in there. If you see the video, kinda imagine nepenthes plants in place of the bromeliads. I don't want to have just a terrarium with noticeable pots just being kept in there, Im going with a more "natural look" like in the video. what do you guys think? The space I want to use measures 90" H x 48" W x 16" Deep, heres a picture, with a ps3 control for a little size comparison. haha and sorry about the colors...
Attachments:
IMG_20131219_221957_396-1[1].jpg
IMG_20131219_221957_396-1[1].jpg (313.91 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!