FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Could some users refrain to not talk about Mary Jane ? This is different kind of forum we are in. Some compare light with what light those growers use. I don't see the point in this. If nothing will be done about this, i will stop posting here. My broother can speak for himself.
Last edited by roarke on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By katya_dog1
Mufasa wrote:
TS 1989 wrote:Who's Mary Jane?
NO! DON'T TALK ABOUT HER
I believe it is Marijuana. Sorry, Roarke, I wasn't aware of your distaste of the word. I don't discuss it in any way other than to tell people that if they want really good light information, they should go check out the lighting discussions on those forums. I will, from now on, direct people to the light discussions on those forums via PM.

Furthermore-- I don't use it. Don't think I'm trying to get people to grow the stuff, it is just that that specific portion of indoor growers has a LOT of information on grow lights that can be very useful. To be sure, if not for that industry, we would not be as far ahead in grow light technology as we are today.

I personally don't see what's wrong with what I'm doing, but I will stop mentioning it in public if it bothers you that much.
By roarke
katya_dog1 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
TS 1989 wrote:Who's Mary Jane?
NO! DON'T TALK ABOUT HER
I believe it is Marijuana. Sorry, Roarke, I wasn't aware of your distaste of the word. I don't discuss it in any way other than to tell people that if they want really good light information, they should go check out the lighting discussions on those forums. I will, from now on, direct people to the light discussions on those forums via PM.

Furthermore-- I don't use it. Don't think I'm trying to get people to grow the stuff, it is just that that specific portion of indoor growers has a LOT of information on grow lights that can be very useful. To be sure, if not for that industry, we would not be as far ahead in grow light technology as we are today.

I personally don't see what's wrong with what I'm doing, but I will stop mentioning it in public if it bothers you that much.
I didn't say you use it, but some will try to come here from theyr forum and/or try from here. You don't want a 10 years old to go to theyr forum, no ? I'm not bother by the plant itself, but the fact that kids will try it from here.
By SEWinans
ps3isawesome wrote:10 year olds with online access are seeing more than Mary Jane, just saying lol.
Marijuana is pretty harmless IMO.

I don't use it. I work in a hospital. Highly illegal.

My main point is that when I have a 10 year old they will absolutely, under no circumstances have unsupervised access to the Internet. I will be monitoring everything because obviously there are far worse things than information about how to grow marijuana on the net.
By katya_dog1
Ps3... I'm 14 and a conservative. I think that should speak for itself. When I stated that I didn't use pot, I merely meant to say that I wasn't directing people over there in hopes that they would grow it themselves.

But on that subject-- Anyone else notice how when in the world series soccer the guys who are at fault for "fouling" (word in quotes since, well, pro soccer guys can be wimps) always raise their hands to say that they didn't do it? Almost always that means they did do it. So I do see where you're coming from with that.

And roarke-- Pot grow light info is definitely one of the least bad things on the internet there is. That's been stated already.

Personally, I don't see much harm in MJ anyway. I don't really understand the fuss about it. At risk of this discussion turning political, I'll stop here and just say that the main (pretty foolish) argument against pot is that it is addictive.

Guess what? So is Alcohol! And Nicotine! 'Nuff said.
katya_dog1 liked this
By SFLguy
Sorry, I'm just going to add something to this, hopefully I'm not extending this too long but:
Chemically, marijuana is not addictive. Someone could get a psychological addiction, but they can get that from drinking, gambling, and other 18+ activities more easily than marijuana.
I would personally prefer that my kids smoked marijuana instead of smoking tobacco or drinking just because both of those are so much worse than marijuana (smoking marijuana doesn't even cause lung cancer)
I can't smoke because of a medical condition, but if I had to choose the lesser evil, I'd choose marijuana of the three.
In any case, if anyone is ever considering doing drug, give them this website: erowid.org
It is the least biased source on the internet that I've found and explains truthfully all the intended effects, side effects, and the danger level present in a number of drugs along with testimonials of people that have done said drug. Once people do their research, they are much more likely to avoid heavy drug usage than those who don't. Education is the key, stifling conversation is like teaching abstinence sex ed. Teenagers taught abstinence sex ed are much more likely to get pregnant than those with a comprehensive sexual education, same rule goes for drugs.
SFLguy, SFLguy, SFLguy liked this
By katya_dog1
SFLguy wrote:Sorry, I'm just going to add something to this, hopefully I'm not extending this too long but:
Chemically, marijuana is not addictive. Someone could get a psychological addiction, but they can get that from drinking, gambling, and other 18+ activities more easily than marijuana.
I would personally prefer that my kids smoked marijuana instead of smoking tobacco or drinking just because both of those are so much worse than marijuana (smoking marijuana doesn't even cause lung cancer)
I can't smoke because of a medical condition, but if I had to choose the lesser evil, I'd choose marijuana of the three.
In any case, if anyone is ever considering doing drug, give them this website: erowid.org
It is the least biased source on the internet that I've found and explains truthfully all the intended effects, side effects, and the danger level present in a number of drugs along with testimonials of people that have done said drug. Once people do their research, they are much more likely to avoid heavy drug usage than those who don't. Education is the key, stifling conversation is like teaching abstinence sex ed. Teenagers taught abstinence sex ed are much more likely to get pregnant than those with a comprehensive sexual education, same rule goes for drugs.
+1

Excellently put.

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!