FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Arctic
Drosera Intermedia Carolina
CLOSED AND MAILED
Hi guys, the flowerstalk on my intermedia rattles when it moves. I cut a flower open and sure enough it's full of seeds. I'm going to cut the stalk up and send out a flower or two to the first ten people who notify me via PM that they want one. No need for a SASE, PM me your address and shipping's on me worldwide. Just be warned it might be a week or so before they ship out, I'm real busy. If you have anything to trade that would be cool but not necessary.

All Taken. Thanks guys. Everyone's seeds were sent out. There's been a slight change in plans. In order to make sure everyone gets the same seeds/lack thereof I will be removing all the seeds from the flowerstalk and sending them out in packets, in case some of the flowers didn't get pollenated.
intermedia4.jpg
intermedia4.jpg (287.87 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
For those who don't know drosera intermedia is great because you don't have to worry about drainage or over watering. These plants are very easy to grow. They do well in pure peat moss kept sopping wet with the tray method.
Last edited by Arctic on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arctic liked this
By Arctic
All seeds have been mailed out. Some seeds were sent back to their native Carolina, others were sent out across the USA and as far away as the UK, India and New Zealand. It's really something to think of my little plant spreading it's seeds all over the world like this. Now let's just hope that they sprout. Happy growing everyone!

A special thanks to JHT Union for his time and patience in explaining to me how and why to harvest, package and ship these better!
Last edited by Arctic on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Arctic liked this
By Arctic
I got the Cuba seeds in the mail today. Thanks again JHT. I sent mine out the same day so USA recipients should be getting theirs today or tomorrow.
By jht-union
chaosatlanta wrote:They have been sown

The chances of germination might be low.
Remember that d. Intermedia, if it is temperate, by thename d. Intermedia carolina. The seeds need stratification in order for them to germinate. Since you have sow them itwould be very hard to take the seedsagain. Simply expose the container to temps of 40f all winter long, and then wait for the seeds to germinate in spring.

Good luck.
jht-union liked this
By chaosatlanta
jht-union wrote: The chances of germination might be low.
Remember that d. Intermedia, if it is temperate, by thename d. Intermedia carolina. The seeds need stratification in order for them to germinate. Since you have sow them itwould be very hard to take the seedsagain. Simply expose the container to temps of 40f all winter long, and then wait for the seeds to germinate in spring.
Good luck.
Thanks for that advice. I think I will leave them with my other CPs for now & if they don't germinate before the weather turns colder - I will move them with my CPs that are going into dormancy (cold, sunlit room).
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!