FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By irishmaven
I am interested in showing my kids (5 & 7) the possibilities of growing plants from leaf cuttings and sundews look awesome! They have enjoyed nursing their VFT back to health and feeding it the occasional snack of a little fly or bug. Would anyone care to share a few with us? I have feedback for non-plant related things on ebay and etsy. I could get the shipping cost only class size kit from another website( FTC is sold out of sundews), but I'd rather not waste them, we only really need a few.

Please?
By Goodkoalie
I could take cuttings from my D. capensis alba, and D. filliformis for shipping. I could also give you a few small seedgrown D. spathula. I would recomond the capensis though becuase it is the easiest to take care of, but the filliformis could be treated the same way as a flytrap.

Also, i could send them already growing, would need to wait a few months, or just the leaves,
Goodkoalie liked this
By irishmaven
Thank you! Easier would be better, as we are very new to CP. I was looking at the water methods, do they work for Drosera? We don't have access to grow lights.
By Goodkoalie
yup, they work well for droseras, especially the capnesis. I will pm you my adress so you can send me the shipping money,
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!