FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Cougar
I'd like to know roughly what size pot a "quart" will fill? I'm not too sure on this size/weight.

I'd definately be interested in buying from the store come spring. :)
By Steve_D
Cougar wrote:I'd like to know roughly what size pot a "quart" will fill? I'm not too sure on this size/weight.
I'd definately be interested in buying from the store come spring. :)
A quart of growing medium will fill a pot about 5 inches wide by 4.5 inches deep. Such a pot could hold 3-5 Venus Flytraps fairly comfortably.

However, in general it is better to use deeper pots for better root development.
By vtrap
I have a question to ask the store. if i were to place a order for some tc'ed vft's (regular vft's) would it be possible for you guys to ship it to me and have it at my house when i return from my trip to california, i would like to place my order now and not have to worry about penny pinching during my trip. please post back, need to know whithin the next 2 hours
By Steve_D
vtrap wrote:I have a question to ask the store. if i were to place a order for some tc'ed vft's (regular vft's) would it be possible for you guys to ship it to me and have it at my house when i return from my trip to california, i would like to place my order now and not have to worry about penny pinching during my trip. please post back, need to know whithin the next 2 hours
If you need to know an answer quickly, it would be better to write to sales@flytrapcare.com because Matt and I (Steve) may not read the forum as often as we download and read the email.

Because of possible freezing weather at a delivery destination, it is better for a recipient to be at that location when a plant is delivered; the plant may die if left outside in freezing temperatures or direct sunlight, or if it must wait for days before it is attended to.

However, you could order a plant at the store, FlytrapStore.com and add a note with the order, during the ordering process, to delay shipment until a certain date of your choice. That way you can pay now, and get the plant later when you arrive back from your trip. :)
By vtrap
thank you, ill do that, and no freezing temps here in az well not anymore. thanks again, ill be purchasing tc'ed cupped vft's :mrgreen: im excided

nick
By Steve_D
vtrap wrote:thank you, ill do that, and no freezing temps here in az well not anymore. thanks again, ill be purchasing tc'ed cupped vft's :mrgreen: im excided
nick

Be sure when placing the order to mention the date you'll be back home, so that the shipping can be delayed to correspond with your return.
By vtrap
i couldnt make a note but i just ordered it i will only be gone for 4 days and someone will be here to bring them inside will they be okay in the box untell i get home?
By Steve_D
vtrap wrote:i couldnt make a note but i just ordered it i will only be gone for 4 days and someone will be here to bring them inside will they be okay in the box untell i get home?
To keep them fresh we'll probably delay shipment for a couple days. They usually take 3-4 days to arrive at the destination by USPS Priority Mail, so you should receive them shortly after you arrive back home. In the future, please send all these kind of questions to sales@flytrapcare.com. Thanks-- Steve
By vtrap
okay and thank you
By vtrap
Could you please post some pictures of some cupped tc clumps? i orderd some and would like to see more detail of the traps and if, when there potted they are long streangy leaves or ones that hug the ground
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!