FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Barlapipas 6
2 or 3 years ago, I was in summer vacation with my family. We stayed in an apartment in Halkidiki. We would go to a very beautiful beach almost every day. The beach is called “The great Alexander”. It is a sandy open beach with shallow bright turquoise and clear sea. There are some sea animals that come periodically there like needlefish or small cuttlefish. I mostly stay in the water and search for things like crabs or interesting pebbles. Other times I just sit on the surface and relax ( sometimes I have my head in the water and people are looking at me and think I drowned :? ). One time while I was searching for things my sister came and told me something huge was there and swam by my side. I didn’t notice a thing. Then I came out of the water and I saw its shadow. It had a circular 2 x 2 metres shadow! It was huge! It was probably a curious stingray because it just wandered around people. Thankfully nobody got stung or hurt. The creature didn’t appear again.
By Barlapipas 6
Maybe it wasn’t as large as I said, but it was surely bigger than me ( I am 1.79 meters ). If it wasn’t a stingray then what creature has a circular shadow under the water? :shock:
By Intheswamp
I was snorkeling years ago on the old reefs around Key West, Florida, when I saw one of the most beautiful sights. Down in a canyon between two reef structures suddenly appeared what I later learned was an Eagle Ray. Spotted wings gently undulating probably fifteen feet below me. It was giant! Ten or twelve-feet wide, maybe!? I’ll never forget it!!!! :D

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!