FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By nepaholic
Oh and yes. Working in a flowhood is very simple. Just clean it with H2O2 or a light bleach solution and thats all....
By Matt
goldslinger wrote:I am going to try to get an owner's manual if one exists.
See here Gary:
NU-201-430 Manual from 1987 model

I contacted Nuaire to see what year the unit on eBay was made and if they had a manual and replacement parts for it. They responded quickly and said that the unit was manufactured in Sept. 1987 and they probably have most of the replacement parts, but there's a chance that they don't have all of them.

He also sent me the manual, which I uploaded to the server in the above link. It should be similar to yours, right Gary?
By goldslinger
Yea, Matt !

That one is only a couple of years older than mine, then. I think the owners manual would apply to both.
Thanks!

You have that contact number?

I had to e-mail them and have a sales rep call the next day.
Hepa filters probably haven't changed in dimensions from then to now, I hope. I'm pretty sure that's what the rep said.

I think the only diff. between what You see and what I am getting is a uv light and outlet, gas plugs in the hood, but Yours has the stand which is neato.

Gary
By Matt
I asked the kingsurplus eBay guy some questions Gary. He actually has two units, one built in 1990 and one in 1987 (as per my previous post). He says the blower works great in both, but neither have a HEPA filter. Replacing them would be expensive. I'm emailing the guy from Nuaire to see how much it would cost to replace the HEPA. Do you think that they have some sort of proprietary filters that they use or would any 48" x 30" HEPA filter work as a replacement? I asked the Nuaire guy that, but I'm guessing he went home for the day because I haven't heard from him.
goldslinger wrote:You have that contact number?
Here's the guys' signature from the email he sent me:
Code: Select all
Adam Christensen
NuAire Inc.
2915 Niagra Lane
Plymouth, MN 55446
achristensen@nuaire.com
1-800-328-3352 ext. 527
1-763-852-1527
If you speak to him, brief me on the conversation. ;)
goldslinger wrote:I think the only diff. between what You see and what I am getting is a uv light and outlet, gas plugs in the hood, but Yours has the stand which is neato.
Right, I really like the stand. I could add a UV light fairly easily myself. It would be nice to have an outlet for when I find a bactecinerator, though, running a cord from the wall wouldn't be all that difficult either. I don't know that I'd make use of the gas plugs, but they ARE cool!
By goldslinger
I'm glad You asked the question about the hepa, or lack of !

I bet You could get a sweet deal, and like You said retrofit anything You want as it's plexiglass and You could drill, etc.
I think the U.V. would be overkill, anyway for what We do. I will probably never use it, but the u.v. rays aren't supposed to penetrate the clear housing and hurt You.

I wonder if the 1990 model has some extras?

Thanks for all the info. If You know the measurements of the hepa, I bet any would do. I would talk to someone who has a commercial flowhood and see what they think. Maybe on the listserv.

btw., The shipping on mine is 425.00 or something like that; have You calculated Yours? Mine is going 1/2 way across the Country, though.
By goldslinger
nepaholic wrote:Gary i can let my cultures open in the flowhood for hours ;) so 5minutes is nothing ;)
Good to see that you can stop using PPM...
Jens against PPM ;)

HAHA! There might be some payback there! They don't give that stuff away.

Thanks!

Gary
By goldslinger
nepaholic wrote:Oh and yes. Working in a flowhood is very simple. Just clean it with H2O2 or a light bleach solution and thats all....

Yea, that's what I have heard. I am lazy. 10% bleach solution like what is used for disinfecting explants?

I heard not to ever spray anything on the filter unit itself, right?

Gary
By Matt
goldslinger wrote:I wonder if the 1990 model has some extras?
I'm not sure. I could ask the guy, but I'm guessing that it doesn't have any additional features.
goldslinger wrote:Thanks for all the info. If You know the measurements of the hepa, I bet any would do. I would talk to someone who has a commercial flowhood and see what they think. Maybe on the listserv.
That's a good idea. My only concern is being sure that the filter fits perfectly into the unit so that it seals and there isn't any leakage. Maybe someone on the list serve will know if I don't get an answer from Adam at Nuaire.
goldslinger wrote:btw., The shipping on mine is 425.00 or something like that; have You calculated Yours? Mine is going 1/2 way across the Country, though.
No, I haven't calculated or asked the seller for a quote yet. If I do end up buying this one, it would also be going a very long way.
By Bud
Matt wrote: He says the blower works great in both, but neither have a HEPA filter. Replacing them would be expensive. I'm emailing the guy from Nuaire to see how much it would cost to replace the HEPA. Do you think that they have some sort of proprietary filters that they use or would any 48" x 30" HEPA filter work as a replacement?

Before you jump on anything, I would double-check the specs if you’re getting a non OEM filter, not sure, but different filters I think have different flow resistance considerations, that may not work for correctly with the existing blower.

good luck
By Matt
Bud wrote:Before you jump on anything, I would double-check the specs if you’re getting a non OEM filter, not sure, but different filters I think have different flow resistance considerations, that may not work for correctly with the existing blower.
I think you're right Bud. I don't even know the thickness of the filter either, so I'd still have to find that out. Hopefully Adam from Nuaire will be able to give me the low down on a replacement HEPA filter and if I can use non OEM ones.
Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

After sealing the wood, I would line the top pa[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!