FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Rammplins
So i got some of the nep seeds from walnut, and some D. Aliciae from the seedbank. Just showing what i have done so far.

Media is 75/25 chopped sphangum/perlite with a sprinkle of sand in the mix. Half of the nep seeds were just sprinkled straight onto the media, a quarter were soaked in water for 2 days, and the last quarter were soaked in water with around 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide. All have been planted in old egg crates with holes poked in the bottom for drainage. For the drosera I also sprinkled half straight onto the media, the other half are still soaking in pure water while i patiently wait for germination.

Top 2 rows are drosera, all the rest are the nep seeds

P.s. I also have 2 divisons starting from a red dragon that got attacked heavily by mold, a big pink cutting that is taking off, and my natalensis seeds have finally sprouted!

Sorry for the quality, these are the best close ups I could take with my camera

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Rammplins
Thanks! I'll keep this thread posted with germination times and results.

P.s. your water germination thread helped me out alot. Test tubes are definitely the way to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Rammplins
I know germination isn't a specific amount of time, but i feel like the nepenthes should have popped by now. Its been just shy of 7 weeks, and still nothing. On the other hand my drosera have popped up about 2 weeks ago and are looking good.

My conditions are 80-83 day temps and around 74 for night temps with the humidity at about a constant 80%. All under a 600w led, about 20 inches away from the light.

Here is a terrible and redwashed pic of my little D. Capensis wideleaf babies....I know its hard to see, but my phone wants you to play where's waldo.Image

And the whole setup

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!