FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
Great looking plants.

I really like the way you've laid out your growlist. If you don't mind I may steal your design next time I redo mine.
parker679 liked this
By Starchy
parker679 wrote:Great looking plants.

I really like the way you've laid out your growlist. If you don't mind I may steal your design next time I redo mine.
Thanks! No problem at all. I use it more as a reference for myself now-a-days. PM me and I'll send you a template.
By Starchy
Day 124

Just 17 days after separating my plant, I was trimming off some excess dead traps and found yet another division! I am starting to wonder if this plant does rival the bohemian garnet's reputation for divisions.

By Matt
Starchy wrote:I am starting to wonder if this plant does rival the bohemian garnet's reputation for divisions.
Hah, no, not quite! I think Bohemian Garnet divides more than any other flytrap I grow. But almost all of the short-toothed red-leafed plants divide a lot, including Scarlet Bristle, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, and FTS Crimson Sawtooth, along with the couple dozen other unnamed short-toothed red-leafed plants that I have grown from seed.
Matt liked this
By Starchy
My scorpioides just sent up its first flower. It caught me off guard because there was no flower stalk (that I could notice). It seemed to just grow from the same growth points as the traps. I checked it last night before bed and didn't notice anything, and here is how it looks now:

I plan on leaving it alone. Let me know if anyone disagrees.
By Starchy
25 days after sowing the alba/typical capensis seeds I got from Ras, here is how the seedlings look:

By akinkysnorlax
You will love the capensis seedlings Starchy. Each leaf gets larger and larger with more tentacles. Its quite amazing how fast they grow for being so small. I have some capensis seedlings growing among my flytraps. You can see some small ones of mine in my other thread I posted today regarding preventing VFT decay from prey.
akinkysnorlax liked this
By Starchy
Photogenic typical in the rain:

I built a make-shift table (which I still have to add lattice to) and surrounded with mostly annual flowers and a couple perennials to attract more insects...

CPs from left to right: backrow: S. Leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White', S. Purpurea ssp. purpurea, S. Leucophylla 'Tarnok'
front: D. 'Jaws', D. 'FTS Crimson Sawtooth', D. typical (my first ever CP), D. typical (rescued dried out rhizome from Home Depot)
Starchy liked this
By Starchy
Took a couple new pics of some of my CPs:

S. Leucophylla 'HCW' barely even opened pitched already catching bugs

S. Leucophylla 'Tarnok'

S. Leucophylla 'Tarnok' colorful hood

recently opened pitcher of S. Leucophylla 'Tarnok'

S. Purpurea ssp. purpurea

S. Purpurea spp. purpurea - such a glutton!

D. FTS Crimson Sawtooth

D. FTS Crimson Sawtooth, but looks like D. Moon Trap
By Starchy
Here's a pic of my Tarnok filling up quickly. My largest pitchers are filling up with bugs within a couple days! I marked the fill line (red arrows) of where the compacted bugs are (can be seen with the sun facing the camera. Enjoy!

By Starchy
Well, since my D. aliciae sprouted a flower, it has divided 3 times! It is starting to look like some mutant CP. I will probably wait a little longer, then separate the divisions. Here are a few photos:

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!