FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Alzuryu
Well i've found a reliable source of low ppm water now, so i'm back in buisness! But this time, i'm going to grow all my plants from seed with as little peat usage as possible, But i do have two questions i wouldn't mind having answered:

1) Do these mixes look okay:

VFTs - 1:1 Perlite & Dried Sphagnum/Supersphag
With a live sphagnum layer for aesthetic purposes.

Ping - Same as above

Drosera - Pure Dried Sphagnum/Supersphag

Bladderwort - Same as above

Cephalotus - 2:1 Perlite & Dried Sphagnum/Supersphag

Nepenthes - 1:1:1 Perlite & Dried Sphagnum/Supersphag & Orchid Bark (Fine grade)

Sarracenia - 1:2:1 Perlite & Dried Sphagnum/Supersphag & Orchid Bark (Fine grade)

2) How could i remove the chance of getting that horrible disease (Sporotrichosis) from my top layer of live sphagnum? Would just using protective gloves every time i handle the stuff suffice?
By dimitar
Look, there isn't universal recipe for every group of plants. Every grower has his own views for potting mixes that works for him and his plants, so that's why the mixes are thousands and made from different things and ratio anyway...Different stuff and mixes works for different people complying with their climatic conditions and the most important to suit their plants for their growing conditions. What works for me may not work for you and the opposite, so the choice is yours.
Well, I wouldn't worry to work i.e to touch with hands without any protection ( gloves) live sphag...but if u will feel sure yourself use them.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!