FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
While parading at my local hardware/ nursery store. I spotted a relatively new shipment of death cube VFTs. If only, if only...

I have more than two handfuls of plants that I've taken underwing. I have to sadly pass.

Wanted to share how healthy most of them are tho! Some have interesting traits, I wonder if they will maintain in the correct environment.

We may never know... OR you can donate and we can! :roll:
Attachments:
Save me!
Save me!
IMG_5605.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 4038 times
Last edited by Mawy_Plants on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By riveraXVX
dangit! I wish we had any places around here that had those rocket farms flytraps, all the ones people post here end up being really nice looking plants! I really like the coloration they get
By Mawy_Plants
riveraXVX wrote:I really like the coloration they get
Hmm, is that so?? I have yet to save a Rocket Farm VFT. I just might have to stop by again later. There were a few I really wanted to grab. Haha
By Mawy_Plants
mouthstofeed wrote:i had to turn down sarracenia duplicates at lowes on saturday...
That's the worst feeling! Too many plants already??
By Orit
I, too, recently walked away from some Little Shop of Horrors plants at a local nursery. I was looking for those interesting traits but none had any. I thought that after buying only from FTS, I was pretty spoiled. But those Rocket Farms traps seem a lot prettier. No doubt I would've taken some home.

The nursery was nice and had at least removed them from their death cubes but they were not getting enough sun to color up and an employee couldn't tell me what type of water was used.
By Mawy_Plants
Whenever I walk away, I find myself going back to look at them one more time. So much desire. Lol.

Yeah, now that I have two typicals that I've grown fully outdoors. It's amazing to see their true colors (literally). Such a pleasant surprise. I have 4 more that I saved based on their traits, two of them I just had to have. Excited to see how they turn out come Spring.

That's awesome they took them out. I was actually speaking with a lady that worked there and she even said they should put them outside/ out of the cube so they can get full sun and bugs! Bless her heart.
By mouthstofeed
Mawy_Plants wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote:i had to turn down sarracenia duplicates at lowes on saturday...
That's the worst feeling! Too many plants already??
yes. plants are expensive. plus, i'd like to fill my space with new varieties.
By Mawy_Plants
mouthstofeed wrote: yes. plants are expensive. plus, i'd like to fill my space with new varieties.
What plants are you wanting to add to your collection? I have a few seeds to sow, I really should get on that. I'd love to see how they are live!
By mouthstofeed
Mawy_Plants wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote: yes. plants are expensive. plus, i'd like to fill my space with new varieties.
What plants are you wanting to add to your collection? I have a few seeds to sow, I really should get on that. I'd love to see how they are live!
i have my eye on a dente flytrap and a catesbei sarracenia. i am waiting till they have them in stock somewhere.

seeds are fun. what are you waiting for? :)
By Mawy_Plants
mouthstofeed wrote: i have my eye on a dente flytrap and a catesbei sarracenia. i am waiting till they have them in stock somewhere.

seeds are fun. what are you waiting for? :)
I do like the look of a Dente! That S. catesbei is pretty neat too. Good luck with finding them!

They are! I don't exactly have a controlled set up so with winter approaching, I'm not sure how they'll fair. I just might give it a go tho!
By mouthstofeed
what plants are you looking at?

i'm not sure about the controlled setup for seedlings. i'm hoping all they need is a grow light, cuz i've got seedlings and winter is a'comin'
By Mawy_Plants
Title says it all. Happened yesterday morning. :mrgreen:

This fella caught my eye from the get go. There were a few others with really nice colors, this one seems more developed. I'm going after the depth of the red being displayed as of now.

Stay tuned till Spring!
Attachments:
Taken 11/04
Taken 11/04
IMG_5653.JPG (822.93 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
Taken 11/04
Taken 11/04
IMG_5654.JPG (777.97 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
Taken 11/03
Taken 11/03
IMG_5611.JPG (854.17 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
Taken 11/03
Taken 11/03
IMG_5612.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3889 times
Last edited by Mawy_Plants on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mawy_Plants liked this
By Mawy_Plants
mouthstofeed wrote:what plants are you looking at?

i'm not sure about the controlled setup for seedlings. i'm hoping all they need is a grow light, cuz i've got seedlings and winter is a'comin'
I guess "controlled" was a little vague. I want to try my hand at a grow light, but would go with the smaller LED bulbs you can just fit into a desk lamp. I have places with good partial light I can place them in, though the biggest thing is making sure the seeds stay at around 80F since it's getting cooler. Which is why I've been less than prompt about getting them going.

I have no idea where to begin with grow lights tbh. I've been lazy to look into it since I like having my plants outdoors and my conditions make it a little easier, since it never frosts for more than a few mornings in early January or so.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!