FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
I just tossed our little growing chamber into a windowsill on a tabl and let them do their thing, after someone mentioned ours looked a lil light starved just tossed the cover I was covering them with and just mist them once a day or so
By Mawy_Plants
riveraXVX wrote:I just tossed our little growing chamber into a windowsill on a tabl and let them do their thing, after someone mentioned ours looked a lil light starved just tossed the cover I was covering them with and just mist them once a day or so
Rivera, did you do this for recent sows? My D. capensis seeds were sown at the end of summer so it was still warm enough. Now the daily highs are around mid 60s if that. Perhaps I'll go with the windowsill trick to help with warmth. It'll be interesting to see how they fair.
By riveraXVX
Mawy_Plants wrote:
riveraXVX wrote:I just tossed our little growing chamber into a windowsill on a tabl and let them do their thing, after someone mentioned ours looked a lil light starved just tossed the cover I was covering them with and just mist them once a day or so
Rivera, did you do this for recent sows? My D. capensis seeds were sown at the end of summer so it was still warm enough. Now the daily highs are around mid 60s if that. Perhaps I'll go with the windowsill trick to help with warmth. It'll be interesting to see how they fair.
yep those were for the recently sowed seeds I just started feeding them also!! I also figured out why the 3rd plants aren't springing up didn't even think about it and tossed them in last minute. the Intemedia seeds need cold stratification luckily I only threw like 1/10th of the massive pile of seeds in there anyway!
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!