FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By twitcher
I have a reniformis that has been in my collection for about 6 months. It has not been doing much, as there have been no new leaves recently, so I was under the assumption that it had gone dormant. I have it in a taller pot and its one of the few Utrics I have that was not kept in isolation.

I check my plants daily, so Imagine my surprise when I saw a reniformis leaf standing in the tray between two pots. It seems to have arrived overnight. I pulled the pot out of the tray to find that reniformis had emerged from the bottom of the pot in three locations, trying to escape. So I trimmed it back. Reniformis is now segregated into its own sealed sub-pot (small waterproof container) so it cannot intrude into unwanted areas.

The trimmings have now been planted into their own pots. Where once was one, now there are 4. If the trimmings take root and grow, I should have reniformis available to share in a few months.
By tommyr
reniformis has become a fave of mine! Slow growing this time of year. I have the small form.

By twitcher
Yours is bigger and in better shape than mine. I have a number of older leaves on it. Thanks for the picture. Does yours try to escape?
By Huntsmanshorn
twitcher wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:40 pm I have a reniformis that has been in my collection for about 6 months. It has not been doing much, as there have been no new leaves recently, so I was under the assumption that it had gone dormant.

The trimmings have now been planted into their own pots. Where once was one, now there are 4. If the trimmings take root and grow, I should have reniformis available to share in a few months.
FYI reniformis seems to like to be fertilized a couple times a month, it can make a real difference, at least it does for me. Still can't get it to flower, who knows though, maybe this year.
By tommyr
twitcher wrote:Yours is bigger and in better shape than mine. I have a number of older leaves on it. Thanks for the picture. Does yours try to escape?
Not yet! I also give a light tug on the dead leaves to pull them out. Some look dead but resist so I leave them alone until a later time.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!