FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By IXXIAN
I live in Wilmington
NC (hardiness zone 8a), close to where flytraps are grow naturally. My current living situation has changed and my normal setup of putting my plants in the garage for winter is no longer an option. Would a small greenhouse setup outside work? My concern is that during the day if it gets warmer they might be fooled into thinking dormancy time is over prematurely. I have at least 44 pots of plants so they take up some space.
By FlyTrap Hunter
IXXIAN wrote:I live in Wilmington
NC (hardiness zone 8a), close to where flytraps are grow naturally. My current living situation has changed and my normal setup of putting my plants in the garage for winter is no longer an option. Would a small greenhouse setup outside work? My concern is that during the day if it gets warmer they might be fooled into thinking dormancy time is over prematurely. I have at least 44 pots of plants so they take up some space.
The fly traps will look better because they get more sunlight. And they will not be fooled. They will go dormant because of the amount of sunlight hours it gets.
They grow outside in the ground at the Rehder gardens right there in Wilmington.
Yes a small green house would work for sure. Try www.greenhousemegastore.com
I am about 30 minutes north of you and I am looking at building a green house. You can buy them premade for not alot or build even cheaper. Let us know what you do

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
FlyTrap Hunter liked this
N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!