Small mix of plants?

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here
nightfeathers

Small mix of plants?

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 am

I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?

jamez

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 am

nightfeathers wrote:I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?

Plants don't come in samples, i'm not sure what you are inplying by "sample".

Matt has some Sarracenia heading to the store soon, but I'm not sure if any are red. Just browse the store and the other stores under the Carnivorous Plant Supplier thread and see what you like.

The following users would like to thank jamez for this post
dantt99

dantt99

by dantt99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 am

You definitely can't get plant "samples," but you could get some kind of "plant pack" like this one from Joel: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Different-Car ... 3a74ba93b8

nightfeathers

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.

pieguy452
Super User

by pieguy452 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 am

I have never personally ordered from joelcarnivorousplants on ebay but I have heard he sells great plants :)
A confessed carnivorous plantaholic

jamez

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 am

nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.

Look at the sellers ratings

some good ones I know are

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

mot of the other guys are legit.

actually I cant think of one guy who isn't

ebay is just like any store thats not on ebay. they still get shipped to you.

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?

jamez

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 am

Also Joel has a trio of the carnivorous plants you want. there is like 20+ available. the flytrap has green leaves but with the right lighting, temperature and ph(low) will get red traps.

nightfeathers

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 am

jamez wrote:
nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?

What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?

dantt99

by dantt99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 am

The link I provided is "Joel's Carnivorous Plants" who is a very reputable seller. You have no worries buying from him.

jamez

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 pm

nightfeathers wrote:
jamez wrote:

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?

ebay is NOT a person.

buying plants from there is no different from buying plants from a place that's not on ebay. They get SHIPPED, they will all take time to get to you( (1-5 days)

The following users would like to thank jamez for this post
dantt99

jamez

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Theres two things you can do:

Buy 3 red plants

Order a trio from Joel

If you need the stores here they are:

Flytrapstore
California Carnivores
Cascade Carnivores