Small mix of plants?

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here
User Avatar
nightfeathers

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 am
Location: United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Small mix of plants?

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 am

I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?

User Avatar
jamez

 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am
Thanked: 92 times in 84 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 am

nightfeathers wrote:I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?


Plants don't come in samples, i'm not sure what you are inplying by "sample".

Matt has some Sarracenia heading to the store soon, but I'm not sure if any are red. Just browse the store and the other stores under the Carnivorous Plant Supplier thread and see what you like.

The following users would like to thank jamez for this post
dantt99

User Avatar
dantt99

 
Posts: 5045
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:48 am
Location: San Diego (Zone 10), California
Thanked: 924 times in 867 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by dantt99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 am

You definitely can't get plant "samples," but you could get some kind of "plant pack" like this one from Joel: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Different-Car ... 3a74ba93b8

User Avatar
nightfeathers

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 am
Location: United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: Small mix of plants?

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.

User Avatar
pieguy452
Super User
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 am
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Thanked: 608 times in 544 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by pieguy452 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 am

I have never personally ordered from joelcarnivorousplants on ebay but I have heard he sells great plants :)
A confessed carnivorous plantaholic

User Avatar
jamez

 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am
Thanked: 92 times in 84 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 am

nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.


Look at the sellers ratings

some good ones I know are


flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb


mot of the other guys are legit.

actually I cant think of one guy who isn't

ebay is just like any store thats not on ebay. they still get shipped to you.

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?

User Avatar
jamez

 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am
Thanked: 92 times in 84 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 am

Also Joel has a trio of the carnivorous plants you want. there is like 20+ available. the flytrap has green leaves but with the right lighting, temperature and ph(low) will get red traps.

User Avatar
nightfeathers

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 am
Location: United States
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: Small mix of plants?

by nightfeathers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 am

jamez wrote:
nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.


Look at the sellers ratings

some good ones I know are


flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb


mot of the other guys are legit.

actually I cant think of one guy who isn't

ebay is just like any store thats not on ebay. they still get shipped to you.

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?


What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?

User Avatar
dantt99

 
Posts: 5045
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:48 am
Location: San Diego (Zone 10), California
Thanked: 924 times in 867 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by dantt99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 am

The link I provided is "Joel's Carnivorous Plants" who is a very reputable seller. You have no worries buying from him.

User Avatar
jamez

 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am
Thanked: 92 times in 84 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 pm

nightfeathers wrote:
jamez wrote:
nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.


Look at the sellers ratings

some good ones I know are


flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb


mot of the other guys are legit.

actually I cant think of one guy who isn't

ebay is just like any store thats not on ebay. they still get shipped to you.

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?


What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?


ebay is NOT a person.

buying plants from there is no different from buying plants from a place that's not on ebay. They get SHIPPED, they will all take time to get to you( (1-5 days)

The following users would like to thank jamez for this post
dantt99

User Avatar
jamez

 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am
Thanked: 92 times in 84 posts

Re: Small mix of plants?

by jamez » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Theres two things you can do:


Buy 3 red plants

Order a trio from Joel

If you need the stores here they are:

Flytrapstore
California Carnivores
Cascade Carnivores
Dangerous Plants
Black Jungle Terrarium Supply
Joels Carnivorous Plants
lbg-cp
flytraps
Pet Fly Trap
Houston Herp
Par o bek Orchids


Return to FlytrapStore.com -- Public Discussions

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests