FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By mowgli
Right my seeds arrived in the post this morning, I have a small clear plastic pot with lid that I have filled with about 1cm or rain water, (decided on this method of germination as people seem to get good results this way).
However I have tried holding the seeds down under the water and they just float back up???
Is this right or should the be under the water permanently as at the moment there just bobbing around in it and on the surface?

If they need to be underneath the water how did you guys manage to get them to stay under?
Tried gentle holding them there with tweezers for a while and the just floated up, tried swishing the water round, they floated back up.

Thanx in advance
By branpera
They will adventually sink. I would Just wait a day and try it again tomorrow.
If they dont sink after a few days I have heard they might be no good, but dont thow them out just keep watering them and be patient.
The water would be slighty warm and then need humidity.
By mowgli
They pretty much all seem to of sunk overnight, the tub is on the table in front of the window so it should get sunlight most of the day and it is coveredd to keep the humidity. Fingers crosses

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!