List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Sine Nomine
My Nepenthes:
- 4 Nepenthes Attenboroughii
- 4 Nepenthes Lowii
- 3 Nepenthes Macrophylla
- 1 Nepenthes Palawanensis

All are seed grown and most are rather tiny.
Attachments:
A freshly opened N. Attenboroughii pitcher.
A freshly opened N. Attenboroughii pitcher.
IMG_0114.jpg (105.51 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
Propag8, Berrybob, Apollyon and 2 others liked this
By Apollyon
That's awesome though. One day those neps will be looking majestic lol. I'd kill to have a single macrophylla lol.
By Nepenthes0260
Those are some great neps you've got! Do you have any tips on getting the attenboroughii to grow fast? I have one and it's a little slow :lol:.
By hungry carnivores
Wow you straight up skipped the usual Ventricosa, Fusca, Vetchii... And went straight to the big guns.

Happy growing man!
By Sine Nomine
hungry carnivores wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:21 pm Wow you straight up skipped the usual Ventricosa, Fusca, Vetchii... And went straight to the big guns.

Happy growing man!
I was on the right website at the right time to buy an N. Attenboroughii, so I seized the opportunity. Go big or go home, right?
ChefDean liked this
By Sine Nomine
Panman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:57 pm Wow. Nice. I'm struggling to keep my ventriocsa and alata happy.
Thank you! I wish you the best luck in caring for your Nepenthes :D .
By Sine Nomine
Apollyon wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:00 pm That's awesome though. One day those neps will be looking majestic lol. I'd kill to have a single macrophylla lol.
Thank you! My Nepenthes motto is "get em' while they're small." Seedlings can be difficult to identify as the correct species, but they're much more trustworthy than seeds and not nearly as costly as a larger plant. Most sellers, especially big stores, will wait until Nepenthes reach a certain size to sell since they can get the most money for them, but if you keep an eye out you can find a small one every now and then. I bought my smallest Macrophylla for around $50-$60. Of course, there's still plenty of time to wait before it reaches a majestic size.
By Sine Nomine
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:20 pm Those are some great neps you've got! Do you have any tips on getting the attenboroughii to grow fast? I have one and it's a little slow :lol:.
Thank you! N. Attenboroughii might be in the running for one of, if not the, slowest growing Nepenthes. At least, it seems that way. Only two people are known have large ones in captivity and they're probably quite old. From my experience, they like extremely high relative humidity. Mine seem to grow faster at 90% or higher. They tend to benefit from frequent mistings as well. Other than that, if yours is producing pitchers then it's probably happy. One of the pictures I've seen of the large N. Attenboroughii in capativity showed a pitcher absolutely full of insects. Since I've heard N. Rajah does well with heavy feedings, it probably appreciates extra eating. I'm personally extremely careful not to overfeed, though, since the pitchers naturally last a very long time and new ones arrive so slowly. I'm considering making a care thread about the species since there's so little information on them.
By Apollyon
Sine Nomine wrote:
Apollyon wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:00 pm That's awesome though. One day those neps will be looking majestic lol. I'd kill to have a single macrophylla lol.
Thank you! My Nepenthes motto is "get em' while they're small." Seedlings can be difficult to identify as the correct species, but they're much more trustworthy than seeds and not nearly as costly as a larger plant. Most sellers, especially big stores, will wait until Nepenthes reach a certain size to sell since they can get the most money for them, but if you keep an eye out you can find a small one every now and then. I bought my smallest Macrophylla for around $50-$60. Of course, there's still plenty of time to wait before it reaches a majestic size.
Wow that's low, where did you end up picking it up for that kind of price? Import?
By Sine Nomine
Apollyon wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:15 am
Sine Nomine wrote:
Wow that's low, where did you end up picking it up for that kind of price? Import?
They shipped from within the U.S. It was just a very small plant and from a smaller seller.
By Sine Nomine
I can take one, but it's very tiny. Only around a half inch in size. Not very remarkable yet. One day, though!
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!