FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By EnigmaViruz
Hi,

Quick question, I see some nice VFT in the store section of the website, will the VFT survive the shipping journey and time taken to reach Singapore?

By Grey
I'm sure they would survive the trip however there are a few permits and the like you would need to consider before buying from the USA. These permits are required to prove that the plants are free of pests, infections and viruses that could spread to local flora.

I do believe there is a waiting period associated with these permits (I don't know much about the process unfortunately) that may average three months or so... I started an article regarding permits and hope it will enlighten you a little more:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/permi ... t8917.html
By EnigmaViruz
Yes it does, and you are right. I have checked, extremely troublesome procedures required. >.<
By Matt
Plants can also be shipped in sterile culture to many countries without import permits. The only requirement is a phytosanitary certificate, which can be obtained for $25 USD. I don't know what the specific requirements are for importing sterile cultures to Singapore, but I can inquire and find out. You can see the list of sterile cultures we offer here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/intern ... onaea.html
By Matt
Grey wrote:is there a waiting period (for inspections and/or the like) for ordering sterile culture?
Yes. They aren't just sitting on the shelf ready and waiting to be shipped. It usually takes me quite a bit of time to make the culture and let it grow out a bit. Depending on what stage of tissue culture the particular clone your order is in, it could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months.

Once the culture is ready for shipping, I have to contact the Oregon Department of Agriculture to schedule a time to come by and inspect the culture(s) to issue a Phytosanitary Certificate. After that is complete, the cultures are ready for shipping.

The entire process usually happens in about a month. But there are several culture orders that have been pending for a few months now because I didn't have some of the tissue propagated to the point where I could spare it at the time the order came in.
Matt liked this

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Not what you would expect...

Nothing to do with the condiment cup/urine sample.[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!