FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Adelae
Apollyon! The package arrived safely before our next cold front moves in tonight!

There's a capensis "Bainskloof," a Marston Dragon so big I'm still not sure how it fit in there, some Byblis aquatica seeds (AND little baggies of GA3 for them) and Pinguicula cyclosecta (aka the ping I want the most!)

I love them all, thank you so much!

Now to spend some time potting up plants : )
Attachments:
20201212_164855.jpg
20201212_164855.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 3231 times
20201212_164508.jpg
20201212_164508.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 3231 times
20201212_163109.jpg
20201212_163109.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 3231 times
Panman, Apollyon, elaineo liked this
By Apollyon
I'm glad you like them and that they arrived safely, especially the ping. Maybe you'll get some strikes on the leaf pullings too. The Marston Dragon, yeah I'm not sure I'd be able to pull that off again lolol. I was actually impressed I got it in there too.

Idk if you read it, but I left some directions in the envelope on the other side. Don't be discouraged if they don't sprout right away after using the acid. That species takes me a couple weeks even with treatment but I thought it would be the best choice. Looks like a little forest in a way as they grow together.
By Apollyon
My secret Santa package arrived today. Thank you Adelae! Was able to figure that one out lol. I received a nice amount of D. Scorpioides gemmae that I'm pretty excited about. Mine had a battle just before the season but now ill be able to have a full pot. I got a couple nice pinguicula hybrid pullings as well as a couple interesting succulent pullings. I potted those with my cactus sprouts. Also received some maroon monster x self seeds ill plant here soon but I thought it was most fitting that Adelae sent me two D. Adelae plants as well :lol: Thank you very much for all of the cool stuff!
Attachments:
20201214_180504.jpg
20201214_180504.jpg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 3116 times
Matt, Panman, Adelae liked this
By elaineo
Santa stopped by my house today too! I got a red flytrap, S. Flava that is probably too big for the pot I put it in, and two D. Intermedia. Santa must think I have been very good this year :)

Thank you @Panman!

PS. Should I let these guys rest for the winter, or wake 'em up? :twisted:
Attachments:
IMG_0851.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG (922.4 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 3094 times
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3094 times
Apollyon, Panman liked this
By Apollyon
Nice! I bet that Flava is going to be a beast. I'd personally leave them be and let them do their thing when they're ready.
elaineo liked this
By Adelae
Apollyon wrote:My secret Santa package arrived today. Thank you Adelae! Was able to figure that one out lol. I received a nice amount of D. Scorpioides gemmae that I'm pretty excited about. Mine had a battle just before the season but now ill be able to have a full pot. I got a couple nice pinguicula hybrid pullings as well as a couple interesting succulent pullings. I potted those with my cactus sprouts. Also received some maroon monster x self seeds ill plant here soon but I thought it was most fitting that Adelae sent me two D. Adelae plants as well :lol: Thank you very much for all of the cool stuff!
Glad to see everything got there okay! And yeah, I kinda had to include the adelae both for username reasons and because mine literally always has at least one baby growing out of its drainage holes, lol. How are they looking after shipping? I was a little worried about whether the smaller one would be strong enough for it.
By Panman
elaineo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:34 am Thank you @Panman!

PS. Should I let these guys rest for the winter, or wake 'em up? :twisted:
I'm glad you like them. You probably don't have enough space under lights for the flava. It is a young division but this year it should teach at least 12 inches. My mature plants get 18 inch or taller pitchers.
elaineo liked this
By Apollyon
Adelae wrote:
Glad to see everything got there okay! And yeah, I kinda had to include the adelae both for username reasons and because mine literally always has at least one baby growing out of its drainage holes, lol. How are they looking after shipping? I was a little worried about whether the smaller one would be strong enough for it.
Lol I heard they're kinda like that but I've never grown one. The little plants were in pretty good shape overall, especially considering the size of them. That was how I felt with the ping I sent over. That's why I left some of the media on it to try to minimize the disturbance as much as possible. It looks like the smaller of the two had a root break off but I have it in pretty good conditions. I believe it'll pull through. The larger handled the shipping like a champ. I'm sure they'll be doing their thing soon enough. Did the ping hold up after planting it?
Not what you would expect...

The guy who lived across from me has an electric[…]

Unkown sarracenia

Although I do not know what they are, I too would […]

Maybe find a way to measure out 1/16 of a teaspo[…]

You live in Siberia??? :shock:

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!