FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DonaldRodriguez
Hi, I have a Sarracenia Alata that recently got damaged from a falling plant. The falling plant crushed the one and only new growth leaf. Now the Sarracenia has no new growth points and the old cut off leaves have now turned brown. I recently repotted it and made a small cut to look inside the root/rhizome and saw it was white. While uprooting it I also saw a bunch of new roots. Although the plant doesnt seem to be growing any new leaves as of now, can it still make a comeback or is it a lost cause? :?
By SFLguy
It can definitely make a come back just give it a bit of time :)

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By parker679
The most important part of a Sarr is the rhizome. I've planted rhizome that had no roots or leaves and they do fine. Just treat it how you would a normal Sarr and it will eventually put out some roots and start growing leaves again.
By DonaldRodriguez
Sorry for the late reply, but here is a picture of the rhizome as of now. I'll give it some time for it to grow some new growth points. Thanks for the advice guys :)
Attachments:
IMG_1430.jpg
IMG_1430.jpg (802.9 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
By cdelavan
As long as the rhizome and roots look healthy it should grow back fine. I have an S. purpurea that my dog ate all the pitchers earlier this year. I replanted it back in early march and it already has 3 huge pitchers and I'm sure more will come along as the summer progresses.

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!