FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By VelvetTooth
Any good recommendations for sarracenia packs of 2-3 plants for sale? I looked at hirt’s garden but I’ve seen mixed reviews about them.
By Panman
I understand, but you are really missing out. He has some great plants and is very trustworthy.
ChefDean, VelvetTooth, Nepenthes0260 and 2 others liked this
By ChefDean
If you're not too worried about what they may be, there's a post in the Sales, Trades, & Wants USA forum where Panman is giving away Sarrs that he doesn't want, you only pay shipping. You could get a bunch for $10.
He may know the parentage, I can't remember if he listed that though. However, I have quite a few Sarrs from him, and they all came very healthy.
Intheswamp, khutru liked this
By NightRaider
VelvetTooth wrote:Thx for the offer :D but I don’t rlly buy from ppl. It’s a me thing sry
Missed this post when it was fresh, but you really have no idea how much you're missing out on by not buying from individuals, let alone someone like Nep0260. I can't stress enough how much better quality the plants I've gotten from individuals here on the forum and on Facebook are compared to those I've ordered from nurseries, not to mention they're almost always cheaper, better packaged, and are the only way to get a ton of plants that you could never find at any nursery. And beyond that, most nurseries are still just individuals anyway, just with a web site and trading under a brand name. In fact, the only one I can even think of off the top of my head that isn't run by just one person is California Carnivores. And for that matter, Nep0260 even has a brand name he operates under on social media, just without the dedicated website. Anyway, not trying to rant at you or anything, I just know I was skeptical of buying from individuals at first, but after doing it several times now from trusted people in the community I haven't once had a bad experience.
Nepenthes0260, khutru liked this
By Carnies
Definitely, I 100% agree, trading is my way but I've bought from a few private sellers on this forum and I cannot stress enough that private sellers are better than the big stores, they pay more attention and care.
khutru liked this
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!