FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By JoshTrappnJawsOn
:mrgreen: Hi everybody! Ive been coming to this forum off and on for months for all the excellent info and finally had to jump thru the hoops to get on board for a question and maybe to help out when i can. I live in Elk Grove Ca near Sacramento my question is how long should i keep my VFT in the shade outdoors before introducing them to direct Californian sunshine? I give it direct morning sun but is kept in indirect light for the rest of the day. I bought my vfts from walmart they were withering away by the cash register so i bought all that i could in hopes of saving them.. Repotted them in a 50/50 peat/perlite mix and water them every other day with distilled water. They seem to be in shock cause the trap wont close on a hand caught fly i maimed and drugg along the inside of the trap. Total of 4 plants and showing new growth just not very quickly.
By JoshTrappnJawsOn
Oh yeah and i finally found out what LFSM stands for. I searched online for hrs knowing it was something to do with Sphagnum Moss and diddnt stand for Looking For Squad Mates.. LFSM stands for Long Fiber Sphagnum Moss for anyone that is desperately seeking the meaning on this abbreviation like i was lol
By JoshTrappnJawsOn
Oh yeah and i finally found out what LFSM stands for. I searched online for hrs knowing it was something to do with Sphagnum Moss and diddnt stand for Looking For Squad Mates.. LFSM stands for Long Fiber Sphagnum Moss for anyone that is desperately seeking the meaning on this abbreviation like i was lol
By hollyhock
Welcome and thank you for coming on board... :D Do you have pictures of your new plants? Like you might have seen numerous times that outside 24/7 is the best way to grow vfts. If you keep water under them at all times you shouldn't have to worry about taking the outside and inside. Is there anywhere that gets filtered sunlight that you can put them. My advice is always deep pots so they never dry out. A Venus flytrap has tap root that go deep. Other than that just let them catch their own food. Don't worry about the traps that aren't "working". Given enough light and h2o they will quickly send up new working traps. And yes it's cool to feed them but when they first get out of a store environment it takes a little while to acclimate to the best place to live.. and again that's outside. I have tiny seedlings outside and they are happy.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!