FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Caramelmarkie
ImageImage

While gazing at my plants, I saw these droseras growing the sphagnum moss of my other pots (in these photos, the plants had already been repotted). I am really happy to see them! I guess they were already growing in the moss, and they were just caught in transit during delivery. I just wonder if they can be ID’ed at this point.. comparing with my D. rotundifolia, they have longer petioles.

Hope to see other fugitives in my moss terrariums. Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By Caramelmarkie
Shadowtski wrote:Too soon to say.
Wait until they have mature leaves open.

Good growing,
Mike
Oh ok. I am looking forward to it! Thanks!

By Caramelmarkie
Hi. The hitchhikers grew already. I hope they can be id‘d already. From the photos, the one in the center (biggest) is a D. rotundifolia. Can someone help with the rest?

The following have no IDs
ImageImageImageImage

By ChefDean
I'm actually awaiting some D. Intermedia seeds from Hollyhock myself. Seeing these youngsters make me even more impatient.
Now it will make the waiting for the seeds to arrive, the 8 weeks of stratification, then sowing and waiting for germination seem even longer.
Thanks for sharing these pics,
Chef
By thenewwwguy
that seems like intermedia to me. I’ve only had mine for a month or so though, so i could be wrong

iirc, they have a tropical form, but if it was a hitchhiker with rotundifolia i’m like 99% sure you have one that goes dormant. Both rotundifolia and intermedia just sit outside, treat them the way you’d treat a sarr or vft outdoors i guess. Don’t be surprised if the leaves die off and you just see a bud
By Caramelmarkie
thenewwwguy wrote:that seems like intermedia to me. I’ve only had mine for a month or so though, so i could be wrong

iirc, they have a tropical form, but if it was a hitchhiker with rotundifolia i’m like 99% sure you have one that goes dormant. Both rotundifolia and intermedia just sit outside, treat them the way you’d treat a sarr or vft outdoors i guess. Don’t be surprised if the leaves die off and you just see a bud
Thanks. Actually, my rotundifolia came way earlier. I spotted the hitchhikers in pots growing in the sphagnum moss beds for my other plants. Hahaha. The moss was actually bought from the same store where the rotundifolia came from though. Good thing I potted them all in the same pot.

Very lucky with this moss, fee days ago i also so a small pinguicula. Hahahha.

By Caramelmarkie
Nightbreed wrote:I would buy moss more if I knew I could get so many hitchhikers lol
Hahaha. Well from their website, they said that their moss is free growing and that it may have some other plants or seeds coming with it. Hahaha. Good for me. Hahahhaa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By thenewwwguy
Caramelmarkie wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:I would buy moss more if I knew I could get so many hitchhikers lol
Hahaha. Well from their website, they said that their moss is free growing and that it may have some other plants or seeds coming with it. Hahaha. Good for me. Hahahhaa.

where do you buy it from? I got a ton of hitchhikers in a Sarracenia Northwest Junk Sphagnum pot at their open house, it had a bunch of stuff, but i salvaged a tiny mysterious sarracenia seedling, a drosera intermedia, and a drosera filiformis. I also salvaged some drosera rotundifolia, gave them to my sister, and she killed them lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!