FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By HokiePV
Hey CP'ers,

I am quickly running out of room for my garden and am looking forward to expanding next year. I think I will be constructing a mini bog of some sort, but with the heat and rainfall, I need to supplement the water to keep it to levels that will make my sarrs happy.

I am looking at RO systems and was wondering how many stages are sufficient for clean water to raise plants in. In addition, I am not looking to break the bank.

Is something like this sufficient? 4-stage for around $150 shipped...

http://www.amazon.com/RO-TFM-4SV-Premie ... rid_pt_1_0

Thanks!

Adam
By moof
Hi,
I saw a copule of bog projects here in Poland and all of these watered with collected rainwater. Here are some photos:

http://www.rosliny-owadozerne.pl/index. ... 5&start=45

Myself I tought about a bog once and I didn't even consider RO systems to water it. But it may be handy for your household plants though
moof liked this
By Hayden
Hi, I have an RO unit. $150 seems a bit steep, mine cost me £60 with 4 stages. Thats about $100.

Mine was bought from collins water products, if you cant find anything in the USA at that sort of price id suggest you ask about him posting to you. Its free p&p, so you'll only have to pay the extra.

Id certainly recommend one, even in England rain doesnt last forever. I sometimes cant be bothered to get it out the garage, as it has to be running around once every week.

Ive been looking on the american ebay, and they all seem a little expensive too.
By HokiePV
So a four-stage system will purify to a level that the sarrs will be happy with?

I am planning on using rainwater, but it gets hot and is a bit windy here in VA, so the water in trays and bogs doesn't seem to last more than a few days. It can get a bit dry here too so I need a backup to the rain.

Thanks!
By Hayden
My 4 stage from the Collins has a di unit, making it 0ppm. Thats more than suitable for sarrs!

If your only using it for back-up, I wouldnt see anything wrong with a cheaper 3 stage :) Ro is just much more convenient, saves the walk to the local store and alot of money!
By HokiePV
Thanks! I have to elevate my plants a little bit (our dogs get rowdy playing sometimes), so I will keep everyone updated on the construction of my "elevated bog" this winter.

Thanks again!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!