FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Hayden
Im bored of having to travel to the garg
age. 100 litres bought and I could get a whole unit!

My question is - Ive seen on all of the sale boards it says that its 50 gdp or like 75 gdp. How many gdp should one be for carnivorous plants?

Thanks ;)
By tc3driver
Well 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters,

so 50 US gallons = 189.270589 liters

And that is able to be generated in a 24 hour period. I went with the 50 gallon one personally.
tc3driver liked this
By Hayden
Oh, I get it! I thaught it was a type of filteration level. Should I just use the filter that comes with it or are they all replacable to something thats better?

Thanks mate :)
By tc3driver
The standard filters should be fine... but if you are going to invest in a rodi system, I would highly recommend investing in a TDS meter at the same time :)
tc3driver liked this
By Hayden
Ok thanks :) I guess ive got some persuading to do! Im just bored of paying a stack of people to give me 1l of water for £1 ($1.80). In the long run it will pay itself back.

Thanks mate ;)
By tc3driver
Something like that should be fine.
ebay page wrote:An outside tap adaptor can be added to this order if requested, please ask when ordering and we can add £3.95 to the order.
You can do something like that, and hook it up to your hose spigot. I am not certain of how the membrane will react with the wet/dry cycles.
By Hayden
Ok, ill link it up to my outdoor tap :) Would it be alright left down on the floor?

Just one other question, ive read online that it cant remove chlorine? Is this true, if so will it matter?

Thanks so much for the fast replys etc
By Hayden
Ok, thanks doomsday. Im not sure if that will work well, im back on the tap water again til it finally rains!
By Doomsday
My suggestion is that when it does rain, you collect all the water you can and then boil it to kill any bacteria or bugs that may have come in. Then you can store it in a closed bottle. You wouldn't wAnt to boil it down, but just get it really really hot. Possibly in a cheap pressure cooker.
By Hayden
I dont want to collect rain again, im just bored of it. Rainwater also contains insects and all sorts, one day I want a tropical fish tank so the RO unit will help with that

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!