FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
One year from seed to flower stalk, I must be doing OK by the plant. (Yes, the stalk will be cut when it gets a little bigger)
Now to repot this and another. Officially both are typical, but both came from OP cultivars. One mother plant was a Wally, the other a Pinnacle.
I'm just happy they have 10 fingers and 10 toes.
20200414_143926.jpg
20200414_143926.jpg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 2864 times
TatOZ_2020, Matt liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Wow, that is fast! It looks great. What is your trick? I have about 500-600 little 1/2'' wide VFTs that I'm trying to put some size on.
By Copper2
With Wally parentage, I think he’s found the next fast growing and dividing VFT clone...
By ChefDean
In full disclosure, I fed every trap with as big of a bug as I felt comfortable with as long as they were available, spiders especially. I was able to feed juvenile Wolf Spiders to multiple traps after my pest control company treated my yard, making them easier to catch. I've read that spiders are especially nutritious for VFT's due to their predatory nature. Plus, every spider found in the house, Wolf Spider, Cellar Spider, or other 8 legged critter, got fed to the satisfaction of my wife.
Prime example...
080919_1558971.jpg
080919_1558971.jpg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
By ChefDean
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:07 pm Wow, that is fast! It looks great. What is your trick? I have about 500-600 little 1/2'' wide VFTs that I'm trying to put some size on.
I think that's just too many, they're in competition with each other. Split them up if you're able, so that they can proliferate without trying to outdo their neighbor.
I'd be willing to take one for the team if you want to send me a few to thin your herd.
Just sayin'.
Chef
Benny liked this
By Nepenthes0260
ChefDean wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:07 pm Wow, that is fast! It looks great. What is your trick? I have about 500-600 little 1/2'' wide VFTs that I'm trying to put some size on.
I think that's just too many, they're in competition with each other. Split them up if you're able, so that they can proliferate without trying to outdo their neighbor.
I'd be willing to take one for the team if you want to send me a few to thin your herd.
Just sayin'.
Chef
I have them already in clumps of 2-3 in 2.5'' pots. I bought them as fresh starts out of TC on ebay. I needed some because I own a small CP nursery and the one plant everybody goes crazy for is the one that I can't propagate enough of lol. I can send you a few when I send the Carburup gemmae, though.
By ChefDean
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 pmI have them already in clumps of 2-3 in 2.5'' pots. I bought them as fresh starts out of TC on ebay. I needed some because I own a small CP nursery and the one plant everybody goes crazy for is the one that I can't propagate enough of lol. I can send you a few when I send the Carburup gemmae, though.
Then you got them on their way, they'll probably put on some size this summer.
As for the Carb gemmae, I appreciate it, but someone beat you to it. She got some of my first gemmae and they went nuts for her. Actually, all of her pygmies went nuts. I just got fresh Dorks Pink and Omissa gemmae from her, and at least one the Carbs I sent her has already produced gemmae. Only about 10, but she sent them to me as well.
On a different note, I put my mother Carbs back in their pot and pushed them down so that the remaining roots made as much contact as possible with the moss. 1 is definitely dead, 3 are hanging on, even putting out new growth, but it looks like a 5th one is pushing its way through the cluster. A new plant from somewhere. They may survive, but I've never heard of them doing much after the taproot gets broken, hence the suggestion against transplanting them.
Fingers crossed.

This is cross posted from another forum. Apologies[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!