FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Caramelmarkie
Hi. I can‘t find a thread regarding this, but sorry if this might be a duplicate post.

I recently repotted my VFT, as I find it super crowded already in its pot. From my original mother plant, I was able to split 3 rosettes. However, one of the rosettes had no clear root system unlike the others. The only thing I found was, I think, 2 short stubby roots. I wonder if it will survive, or if I did a bad thing splitting them at this time. It will be autumn soon and I might have weaken my baby before it goes dormant...

Also, Will some of the leaves that fell off grow? They still have the base of the petiole. I placed them in a container with soupy media covered in cling wrap.

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers,
Markie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By carelerasmus
Hey man, I wouldn't worry about it not having enough roots! Those few that it has, should be enough! And dont worry about weakening it before dormancy, because once dormancy sets in your flytrap will be blissfully unaware about whats going on! Also, about those "fallen leaves" as long as you give them plenty of sun and moisture, and enough of the rhizome (white part) is still on the leaf, it could very possibly create a new plantlet

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
By Caramelmarkie
Thanks celerasmus! That was really a good tip! I am really scared that I killed them. But man you saved me. Hahahaha.

Just ordered a few more vfts. They got me crazy happy!

Thanks again man!

By Caramelmarkie
These are the photos of my main plant after splitting.... the first weeks it was green and the traps are still responding... now i noticed that they start to turn yellow and now new leaves growing... also, other parts have turned red (petioles). I hope it is still going to survive... (wishful thinking made me thought of it evolving like a pokemon)...

Please help...
ImageImageImage

By Caramelmarkie
No not really... just now to take a photo. I dont know if it is best to show the roots, so someone can tell if root rot had taken place...

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!