Regrowing the Collection

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.
Orchidist

Regrowing the Collection

by Orchidist » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi guys! My name's Kevin and I am an avid orchid grower. Recently, I met Professor Rachel W. Martin, who sequenced the genome of the cape sundew and is also a carnivorous plant enthusiast, and talked a bit about cps. Long story short, I decided to retry them. I currently live inland of the Los Angeles area with a collection of over one hundred orchids, but I only have two carnivorous plants left over from my old collection. Just a little flytrap and a small unknown nepenthes that I think is pretty much dead now. Other than that, I don't have much to say.

evenwind

Re: Regrowing the Collection

by evenwind » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:07 pm

Welcome!

I, too, had a collection of over 100 orchids growing on a light cart. I started to get a lot of fungus gnats and bought a ping and a sundew to get rid of them. And then a flytrap, as you do. Now the CPs are pushing the orchids off the sides of the cart... Beware! :mrgreen:
"If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear - is he still wrong?"

- T-shirt in Old Town, Albuquerque, NM

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Regrowing the Collection

by Matt » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Welcome to FlytrapCare, Kevin! There are quite a few other orchid growers here on the FlytrapCare forums too.

And that's really cool that you had the opportunity to meet Rachel W. Martin. What an neat experience!
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

Return to Introduce Yourself!